When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Gen branding companies

wat44

Branding  

23 members have voted

1. 1. who has the stronger suite of brands

• Richemont
    • Swatch

Richemont:

- Vacheron Constantin

- Baume & Mercier

- Jaeger LeCoultre

- Lange & Sohne

- Cartier

- Panerai

- IWC

- Piaget

- Montblanc

Swatch:

- Breguet

- Blancpain

- Glashutte Original

- Omega

- Longines

- Rado

- Union Glashutte

- Tissot

- Hamilton

- Swatch

What is this poll a competition or just looking for peoples opinions? It's a tough one and even though I love some of swatch group offerings even simply for being somewhat accessible to the 'average' joe (well at least they were upto recently anyway :D), almost none of Richemont are in anyway accessible to the average punter!

But I would have to say Richemont as some of their brands have sheer masterpieces in the range. Lange, VC, JLC and even some IWC. Yes Breguet have some exceptional pieces but hard to compete with Lange and VC, Blancpain don't do a whole lot for me for some reason, a few nice pieces but nothing outstanding afaik. GO are pretty special though!

Oh come on the world and his dog wants an Omega , I don't get it .....but George Bleedin Clooney has a lot to answer for

??????But Clooney I like :) and I like OMEGA too :clap2: ....but I do not like Dogs to be wearing watches

Apples and Oranges debate...

Richemont have more expensive products, Swatch has more accessible products, but I doubt any is actually 'stronger' than the other, other than maybe by the balance of their bank account ;) A billionaire might have more money than a homeless man, but that doesn't stop him beating his wife and drink driving, so the size of his bank balance doesn't really make him 'a better man'... ;)

• Like 1

Even aside from Clooney (who isn't a bad bloke in fairness) Omega just a couple of years ago could be had by any working joe with a bit of saving, you could have a quartz or auto smp or a moony or AT for around $1.5Kish. Just looking at the swatch line up the first 7 brands would be accessible to the man on the street, whereas probably only one or two of the lowest Richemont brands entry level offerings would be accessible.

From a purely Horological standpoint Richemont has it, hard to beat Lange and VC, but swatch helped make watches cool again, even though they get a bad rap at times, we are probably a bit too hard on them. I don't like the way they are going recently though, huge price hikes etc.