When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Milgauss 116400 black dial

DeeKa

To split up the shipping fees with my SD order I decided to take a Milgauss with simple DG2813 with it.

From first communication and payment on March 4th to delivery there were passing 15 days even with UK transshipment and repacking.

Unfortunately there were no QC pics shipped and also when asking for tracking this was promised but I never recieved any tracking code.

The watches arrived well packaged and the first inspection showed flawless optics on the Milgauss.

IMG_7466-1_a.jpg

To comapre accuracy with the gen I took the following measurements:

~ Width (10 o'clock to 4 o'clock): 41.22mm

~ Width w/o crown: 39.99mm

~ Width including crown: 43.27mm

~ Length: 48.98mm

~ Bezel width: 39.22mm

~ Crystal/Dial width: 32.21mm

~ Crown width: 6.89mm

~ Thickness: 14.00mm

~ Bracelet link thickness: 3.21mm to 2.82mm at the clasp

~ Bracelet width: 20mm to 15.72mm at the clasp

~ Weight on bracelet w/ all links: 153,5 grams

IMG_7464-1_a.jpg

From the appearance the clear crystal / black dial version is a spot on copy which partly comes from the absence of the annoying etched coronet other reps have in the crystal.

Taking a magnifying glass for closer inspection shows a nice smooth dial with correct printing and well positioned markers. Just the lume in the markers is not applied with precision, so that it's uneven or partly covering marker edges.

The rehaut engraving looks nice and is quite well positioned and spaced. It's just 1/4 minute off which will only be spotted with magnification.

IMG_7467-1_a.jpg

IMG_7469-1_a.jpg

Opening the caseback shows that even in this lower pricerange the correct double caseback which in the gen helps shielding magnetic fields is present. The interior is clean and doesn't call for an immediate cleaning service.

As usual screws in the bracelet are not fixed well so tightening is needed on some of them.

The cutouts of the SEL endlinks are not very well done, but this is a usual finding even in higher priceranges.

The timeholding was ok for the simple movement - without any timing efforts -12.5 seconds/day.

IMG_7410-1-2_a.jpg

Dee

• 10 months later...