When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Is Sql -Pl still a member here?

offshore

robertb - Maciek said he would look into your claim, so please give him the chance to do so.

All - The more I discover about this the less I understand. Look, scammers take the money & run, they do not hang around to debate & answer questions. It seems to me that Edgematic1 (& possibly others) was on the receiving end of a less-than-satisfactory deal & I can certainly understand your frustration. But we, the RWG Mod team, were not involved & the transaction did not even take place here on RWG.

So this is what I recommend - since Maciek seems willing to address complaints, anyone who purchased something from him that was unsatisfactory, please PM him directly. Maciek, please be reasonable in addressing whatever complaints you may receive. If both parties are unable to come to a mutual agreement, please either move on or refer the complaint to the site where the transaction took place.

1 more thing - if 1 of the other Mods do not beat me to it, I will be closing this thread at the end of the day.

Do as you and the rest of the RWG admin/crew wish Freddy...I certainly have no say....but I do have a opinion.

RWG Is known and well respected for It's transparency...not for closing threads. Thats RG job. ;) But seriously...If there is a calm nature to this thread...why close It? It's open threads like this that can reveal much...one way or another.

There might be some members of this community..or another... that might like to bring forth some Information that could be vital..If the thread is closed they wont have the opportunity to do so. Yes I understand they can PM the admin and staff...but It's not the same as being out In the open for everyone to see.

I also understand that sometimes it's necessary to close a thread...for example....when It gets nasty...or a lot of [censored] slinging or misInformation Is being posted. But if the the comments are civil I see no need to close the thread. I hope the thread has a chance to run It's course.

But again..I have no say In the matter...but I do have a opinion....for whatever it's worth.

Mike

Half year ago I seen post about who repost on gen forums rep pictures from RWG/RWI/Repgeek, members try to resolve who is this ... .

I find post about K220 and SQL and have not so good feelings if I see thise RAW data from pictures ... they are taken from this same camera.

RWG Is known and well respected for It's transparency...not for closing threads. Thats RG job. ;) But seriously...If there is a calm nature to this thread...why close It? It's open threads like this that can reveal much...one way or another.

Mike - Generally speaking, I agree with you. But when emotions start heating up, causing private email addresses & other personal information to get posted, especially when I am not convinced that a scam (which I define as knowingly & purposely misleading a buyer into purchasing an item based on a fraudulent description) has occurred, I think little good can result. Especially, in this case, where the issue has nothing directly to do with RWG (the transaction in question occurred on another website). I realize others may view this differently, but that is my take.

• Like 1

Mike - Generally speaking, I agree with you. But when emotions start heating up, causing private email addresses & other personal information to get posted, especially when I am not convinced that a scam (which I define as knowingly & purposely misleading a buyer into purchasing an item based on a fraudulent description) has occurred, I think little good can result. Especially, in this case, where the issue has nothing directly to do with RWG (the transaction in question occurred on another website). I realize others may view this differently, but that is my take.

Fair enough Freddy. :)

Mike

Half year ago I seen post about who repost on gen forums rep pictures from RWG/RWI/Repgeek, members try to resolve who is this ... .

I find post about K220 and SQL and have not so good feelings if I see thise RAW data from pictures ... they are taken from this same camera.

As far as I can tell K2222 used a Panasonic camera right up until he disappeared. SQL is using a Sony DSLR.

We need all the drama we can get here :) the hotter the better......solution is not to close a thread with an special invited guest "star"... to ban or not to ban that's the true question here B)

On my hand I admire and respect that Freddy and the admin team want to get to the truth and are choosing an innocent until proven guilty attitude becuase the member has a long history here and was and/or is a valuable contributor.

On the other hand Freddy I hope you don't take this personally but your expressed views seem to differ from that of the forum guidelines.

You keep stating that he didn't scam anyone on RWG, that should not matter if the member is selling or has sold rep items as gens on another site, that is in directly violation of the forum guidelines here and he shoudl be banned immediately.

That really is the issue, is the email his that is linked to these sales that are showing rep items.

He should be banned for evening posting a sales ad, who cares what was delivered, if a rep item is shown as gen on a gen forum for sale as genuine that should be an instant banning, case closed.

It cannot be that hard to determine if the email linked to the sales photos is his.

Anything else is off topic and really not relevant.

I apologize for speaking out of turn and being a drama queen on this issue but it really seems like the one question is all that matters.

I hope the outcome is it is not his email or has not been successfully linked to this member, we all would feel much better if that is the outcome (except maybe for Edge, I dunno know)

Especially, in this case, where the issue has nothing directly to do with RWG

Freddy,

That is just so wrong!

This issue has EVERYTHING to do with RWG. it has to do with the ethics and morals of the place, and what the forum stands for.

The person in question is a long standing member of this forum. His actions have been viewed by other forums and acted on.

The admin and moderators of this forum give every indication of trying to sweep the matter under the carpet without reaching a resolution, EVEN when the actions in question are in direct conflict with the rules of the forum.

Right now it appears is that no decision will be reached and the thread will be locked down.

Unfortunately this has happened previously with other contentious threads, with the same NON result.

We have had a situation where a member of this forum was actively launching Ddos attacks against dealers, we had proof, and yet the forum chose not to ruffle feathers and did nothing!

Didn't even remove the member from the forum.

And there have been other instances before that one.

At some stage some decisions need to be made about what is and isn't acceptable behaviour by members of this forum.

No use having a list of rules if they are ignored.

In my eyes the team have to reach a decision..... whatever it may be....... act on it....... and bear the consequences of those actions...not sweep it under the carpet and hope it will go away.

In other words, be accountable.

Offshore.

On my hand I admire and respect that Freddy and the admin team want to get to the truth and are choosing an innocent until proven guilty attitude becuase the member has a long history here and was and/or is a valuable contributor.

On the other hand Freddy I hope you don't take this personally but your expressed views seem to differ from that of the forum guidelines.

You keep stating that he didn't scam anyone on RWG, that should not matter if the member is selling or has sold rep items as gens on another site, that is in directly violation of the forum guidelines here and he shoudl be banned immediately.

That really is the issue, is the email his that is linked to these sales that are showing rep items.

He should be banned for evening posting a sales ad, who cares what was delivered, if a rep item is shown as gen on a gen forum for sale as genuine that should be an instant banning, case closed.

It cannot be that hard to determine if the email linked to the sales photos is his.

Anything else is off topic and really not relevant.

I apologize for speaking out of turn and being a drama queen on this issue but it really seems like the one question is all that matters.

I hope the outcome is it is not his email or has not been successfully linked to this member, we all would feel much better if that is the outcome (except maybe for Edge, I dunno know)

Email posted belongs to Maciek (Sql_pl) proof forwarded to Mod staff here. Gen strap purchased, rep strap received. There are other details that I will not post as it has already been forwarded to the mod team. That being said, I respect what Freddy is doing. Kudos to him for wanting to keep things legit and impartial.

The admin and moderators of this forum give every indication of trying to sweep the matter under the carpet without reaching a resolution, EVEN when the actions in question are in direct conflict with the rules of the forum.

You know I have the greatest admiration for you & respect your opinion. But, in this case, you are wrong. I, speaking for myself, am just trying to be fair to all parties involved. No decision, beyond that of locking this thread (pending some game-changing event), has been made beyond that.

IMO there is not a single reason to close the thread.

It has been civilized on par with the usual RWG standard (which is much higher than the avarege bear ..uhh rep forum).

If the thread goes bad by [censored] slinging or similar yes, so far it is not the case, considering the last post of a party involved, nothing indicates it is going south.

At some stage some decisions need to be made about what is and isn't acceptable behaviour by members of this forum.

No use having a list of rules if they are ignored.

not sweep it under the carpet and hope it will go away.

In other words, be accountable.

Offshore.

I remember that a staff member recently posted pics of a rep 6542 on a gen fora :whistling:

That thread was locked...

i think we should keep open also and do our best as a forum to get the answers needed to either clear sl name or start the man hunt by banning him

as and offer if freddy and the admins would like i offer to mediate between both parties directly and report back to them to save any decent in to mud slinging

Guest Sql_pl

OK so it looks like we have edgematic claiming he was scammed by me when he did not receive the strap and robertb which after some investigation (it was in 2009, 3 years ago!) I do remember now and I did find some of our emails. Robertb claimed he thought the strap was not genuine, listed some points about his concern and I told him that if he is not satisfied with the purchase he can return it BUT even then it sounded not right to me because it came from a reputable source and made no sense that I received a fake part with a bunch of other gen parts from one of my sources for parts in Europe that never failed to deliver oem stuff. Refund for robert has also been issued back then and due to the fact it has been my only problem with such issue at that time I did not even give it a second thought, maybe that's why I did not even remember Robert, sorry.

BUT as I said I did many deals for straps and parts, that also came from this source and some other sources as well with most respected and knowing-their things people which unfortunately seem to not frequent rep forums so it is pretty difficult for me to get them to say a word to defend me over here.

Like I said, a known AP collector bought 2 or 3 items from me.

I even got a genuine Barrichello titanium buckle for a person in Austria.

I really know how to get these parts and satisfied many people, it is just that it is way easier to find bad oppinions on every subject.

There was z3k0 with his gen iwc ingenieur kevlar, there was a person at WUS who took his IWC Kevlar for authentication at his AD just to be sure and it got verified to be gen.

I mean come on, should I now get these people to register here and post their opinions as well, what else can I do?

sql could you answer the questions about all the emails are they all your accounts i know it would be easy for anyone to copy your pictures thats why i think the emails all being yours and used for dodgy trade could help to remedy this situation

Guest Sql_pl

No they are not all my accounts, I think edgematic found like what 5 or 6 of them that according to him were mine, and yes I did tell edgematic it was me right back then when we had a deal that it was me so I was not hiding anything back then and I am not hiding anything now.

so you admit the email accounts which are suspected the ones pointed out by edge to be scammers are yours so really all that needs to be proved is that the accounts where used on scamming and indeed they are either yours our you have been caught up in the cross fire of a buyer being scammed and looking for someone to blame or vent their anger at .

i do mean the 5 or 6 accounts which you agree are yours

Guest Sql_pl

2 emails are mine and I was open about it all the time. Not 5, 6 or no matter how many he found, I lost count.

Once again I will tell you I did not sell fake stuff, I had many items checked at AD by buyers, I had returning customers, happy customers but unfortunately these are always the silent ones.

I admitted there was this issue with robert, what else could I do apart from telling him to return it if he wasn't satisfied with his purchase, that's all I could do and what I did and yes I have been surprised with his judgement back then as well, I think he should remember that if he remembers our deal from 3 years ago so well.

Oh and have I been banned at RWG1? I have no clue, I do not visit this place at all but I will try now.

And at RG Nembo specifically told me I was banned because of the issue with a Panerai Purdey, even though he told me of the rumors from edgematic that even for him were not a base for my ban. That's all I know as of course I got banned the day the buyer complaint about the non working movement (which worked fine when it left my hands).

Edited by Sql_pl

Direct question I think everyone would like to know:

Are the below accounts yours or not:

watchsupplies on watchprosite

bg.auto on Ebay

dbgs1306 on Watchuseek and Paneristi

Any emails with dbgs1306 in it?

If they are not than this would be the easiest way to clear your name.