When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

ISC New York - USPS

graf-fiti

OK, bro. Use whatever service you want. But you got EXTREMLY lucky to get a INTERNATIONAL Registered mail piece faster than Express (EMS = Express Mail Service/International) Customs are what cause 100% of the delays in mail processing from outside the USA. They are totally unpredictable, sometimes your package will sit in customs mere hours and sometimes it will sit there for WEEKS depending on what the current security protocols are at the moment....

Ask ANY member here who has ordered several things from overseas and I bet their EMS parcels get to them much faster than registered 97% of the time.

Moral of the story, you just got caught in one of the hightened security crackdowns at customs! Your registered package is considered negligible to customs, they are usually small and unisured. Where EMS parcels cost much more to send they expect them to contain higher value items. Meaning they check (xray/sniffer/etc) a higher percentage of EMS packages. Especially if they originate in China, Peoples Republic of.

This is what it said on track and trace...Stop by the customs office (incoming mail) Reason for non-delivery is not included in the classification

Sure, it has to clear Customs going to or coming from Canada both.

I have found that Canadian customs is the slowest of all. I have shipped numerous watches to The Zigmeister, and the average time for EMS from the US South to him is 10-12 days, most of that time is spent languishing in Canadian Customs.

I can tell you, I'm not a fan of international Air Mil at all. I order Cigars from a source in Australia. I have had cigars take over 2 months to get to me. Believe me, a cigar that sits in a facility with uncontrolled temp and humidity for a couple of months in our summertime here in the USA, is pretty hard to resurrect!!

It said it went from Mississagua to JAMAICA New york? it didnt even say it was inbound into customs or anything? You think they seized my package or something?

Jamaica is Kennedy International Airport and the International Sorting Center there (ISC)

As stated before customs is a total crapshoot

Without ever opening a box it can sit in customs for 10 seconds or 6 weeks and anytime in between

Fact is this hobby is helped that customs is such a mess

You could use FedEx and Ups to ship reps internationally and that would be quicker but the reason that is not done is since they handle their own customs and check contents more often, the chance of a problem is much higher

Slow and safe is good for us

Now if shipping legal materials for work That you are paying proper duties and taxed on ; then of course use FedEx, ups, DHL, etc

• 6 months later...

My friend posted a package from Cupertino to Maldives. Presently my package stuck in ISC New York(USPS) now the tracking status is shown in USPS tracking tool since 28th jan

"ExpressMail International - Processed Through Sort Facility   -  January 28, 2013, 10:20 am     -     ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS)"

Is there any way to track  my package where it is.

Guys Thanks in advance

The "ISC" is the International Sorting Center at Kennedy Airport in NYC .. the longest a package has been lost in that place (for me) is nine straight days.

Eventually a janitor sweeps your watch out from under a desk and they get it to you.

Yeah well thank you for the info but its Still BS that it takes that long with EMS. When people pay that much it should be to their doorstep in 4 days or less, 2 of those days going through customs. Xpress,UPS and FEDEX are a hell of alot better USPS is failing and overseas mail service has made a fool of USPS and customs. IF usps did their own customs check like UPS or FEDEX it would be alot faster but for some dumb reason they leave it up to this country. We allready have enough idiots running this country as it is, why make it worse..

FedEx andUPS both have their own inhouse customs clearing facilities. they don't miss anything!! you may get a replica watch through their customs facility, but you may also get a letter from FedEx that you owe 75.00 USD customs duty for your Rolex Submariner. AFA they are concerned, it's genuine, you owe the duty!! More than likely, they will seize it and destroy it as a counterfeit. Much more likely to get one seized with them than with Postal Services.They are faster, no doubt, because they  have company mandated delivery schedules to maintain. If they guarantee 3 day delivery from Manchester England to Dallas TX, they darn sure are going to get it delivered on time, unless it is delayed by a natural disaster or some manmade situation. The FedEx website last week prominently displayed on their website that package delivery would likely be delayed in the New Orleans area last week during superbowl week. Also, the cost of shipping a package with UPS and/or FedEx is considerably more expensive than using the USPS.And, have you ever filled out the multiple customs forms required by FedEx? It takes me about 4X the amount of time as it takes to fil out the white USPS Customs Declaration form!!

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

For some strange reason packages appear to have this circular path, showing that they are sorted through the same facility twice. I've had this happen a couple if times, and no one at my local PO has a clue as to why this happens! Your package is getting closer to you though, and you should get it in a day or two.

Ok so they left Kennedy Airport (ISC) and are at your local postal sorting hub.

OH wait ... this is in Brooklyn/Queens so I need to use the local flavor ...

AY YA FUCKIN WATCH GOT KICKED UNDAH DA FUCKIN CONVEYA BELT OR MAYBEES UNDAH UH FUCKIN DESK OR SOME SHIT FUGGETABOUT IT.

• 3 months later...

I was sent a international package from switz coming to new york city in the bronx  it has been in since the isc status from the 7th of january its registered mail. From reading the posts here i wonder if it has already been delivered but hasn't been updated on usps and could possibly be at my post office if it needs to be signed for  the thing is the only time i sign for packages is if it says signature conf on usps website other wise the mail dude just leaves it on my box but there is no mail 

• 7 years later...