When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Setting the minute hand 1 minute ahead when syncing time?

hackR

On the watch I'm wearing today (a 6-9-12 a7750 ss Chrono Avenger franken), i have to set the watch exactly one minute ahead of my computer time to sync it...the watch's power reserve has juice - so essentially i'm hacking it (pun intended) at 00 and then setting the time, pushing the crown in when the computer i'm syncing with hits the 00 mark...make sense?...In other words, if i'm trying to sync the watch at 3:17pm, i stop the watch at 00 seconds and set the watch to 3:18...then the watch is aligned with my computer...for some reason, this has to be done...i'm pretty sure i've had other a7750's where i needed to do this, as well...but many of my a7750's do not function this way...what's also odd on this one is: it's not serviced, has this one second "quirk", but it keeps almost COSC time...

weird...anyone else have this "problem"?...or know why this is the case?...

thanks...R

The valjoux movement needs to be set with the hands moving clockwise and the slack in the gears will track. If you set it like an eta(counter-clockwise) it will take that minute for the slack to be taken up. Some valjoux's will need a 30 sec. advance when setting the CCW. Bugs the [censored] out of me.

The valjoux movement needs to be set with the hands moving clockwise and the slack in the gears will track. If you set it like an eta(counter-clockwise) it will take that minute for the slack to be taken up. Some valjoux's will need a 30 sec. advance when setting the CCW. Bugs the [censored] out of me.

thanks...in this case, the hands were set clockwise...it's just that when released from hacking, unless it's set a minute ahead, it runs a minute behind...i haven't stared at it to see if the minute hands does nothing for the first minute it runs...just kinda weird...and it's not like the hands are slipping - otherwise, the watch would be running inaccurately...which it's not...weird...

From the GEN 7750 Manual that comes with all SINN watches.

post-19479-0-55338100-1333428044.jpg

The way I do it on all my 7750's Gen's or Reps is to go PAST the time and "back it up" to the correct time, taking the slack out of the gears. Viola! (To be fair, this only works about 80% of the time, because any rotation when pushing in the crown will mess with the slack).

HTH

The way I do it on all my 7750's Gen's or Reps is to go PAST the time and "back it up" to the correct time, taking the slack out of the gears. Viola! (To be fair, this only works about 80% of the time, because any rotation when pushing in the crown will mess with the slack).

HTH

Pretty much the same for me although my success ratio is closer to 50%.