When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New 6th Gen Po Review And Gen Comparison Shots!

flavor flav

just got my 6th gen PO today from joshua so as promised here is the comparison to my gen. first off service from joshua is much much better than i got from buying my gen. he is one of the best by far and has got alot of my business lately because of the way he is so willing to help out with anything you could need.

first impression....it's damm good! worlds better than the famous 4th gen 42mm of yesterday. i sold my 4th gen 42mm off after a few weeks because to me it could not compare in fit and finish with the gen. the 6th gen is just superb! the bracelet finally has no huge gap between the end link and first link, and the clasp is perfect.....perfect! bezel is tight and clicks like the gen, has antimagnetic cover, and has a light AR on the sapphire. not nearly like the gen but it's an improvement. this feels exact same weight. it's also sporting a swiss eta movement 2836-2 with a heavy steel movement holder.

the flaws...bezel pearl was overflowed with filler, had to shave it with a razor. looks good now but the pearl is sitting slightly off center so i would say the insert needs upgraded. the crown is a bit wobbly whan pulled out compared to the gen which is very solid. i wonder if a gen crown/tube set would fit here. the case on the gen is slightly thicker. must see side by side to know but it's a bit thicker. the finish of the crown is not quite the gen's finish but a crown is not too much $ to replace. lume on the dial is bad but typical. hands lume is strong though. the omega emblem on the dial is too big and the wrong style. josh informed me they are sorting this out and will send me a new updated dial when he gets them (service :thumbsupsmileyanim: )

overall i would say you would be hard pressed to find a better watch for under $200 anywhere :D she's a keeper! everyone here needs to get one of these....really. it's awesome! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

enjoy the pics........

143924-16126.jpg

143924-16127.jpg

143924-16128.jpg

143924-16129.jpg

gen caseback

143924-16130.jpg

rep caseback

143924-16131.jpg

A/R shot!

143924-16132.jpg

look mom... no gaps in the bracelet :thumbsupsmileyanim: sits on wrist like gen..

143924-16133.jpg

143924-16134.jpg

genuine omega 2500 movement (ETA 2892 modified with coaxial escapement)

143924-16135.jpg

143924-16136.jpg

genuine antimagnetic cover

143924-16137.jpg

rep antimagnetic cover

143924-16138.jpg

143924-16139.jpg

pearl misaligned

143924-16140.jpg

Nice indeed.

The rep seems to be good but strange how that Omega logo on the dial looks like that. It grossly oversized. Strange because otherwise the dial looks good. Print, crispiness, etc. But if he sends a replacement dial it'll be great.

Very nice comparison, good work!

I was actually on the verge of buying a genuine 45mm PO because I was resigned to the possibility that a proper 22mm lug version wouldn't appear.

Then it did, but it was flawed, but my hope was restored. Damn these new generations. I'd have my PO by now if it wasn't for them :D

Comments - hands still a tad too short, caseback is still fat (clearly they are still fitting the one designed for the 7750 based chrono rep) and that Omega logo is WEIRD, but at least the datewheel is now sorted.

If this comes along with a rubber strap then I'm there.

Very helpful comparison and great pics, ff. Thanks for posting this. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I hope this means that thet 42mm will inherit some of these improvements shortly. Improving the dial lume would a huge plus. The PO must be a huge hit for manufacturers so it makes sense for them to get them right. It finally seems that we're getting there. B)

How is the clasp on this one compared to your gen?

Great review. I owned a 45mm eta PO for about one week. Fit and finish was good. AR was good. Dial was good. The gap in the bracelet was not tollerable. Parted with it quickly. I also couldn't deal with the look of a 45mm watch on a 20mm bracelet. Looks horrible. Now it's fixed.

This will be my next purchase after the glow of my new Ingenieur and my mods on my 005 come to fruition. By that time the Omega logo will be fixed and won't look like someone melted it with a torch.

Thanks for the comparison...

Just a poiunt for future comparisons, you may want to keep the orientation of the watches the same in all the shots. In other words always have the gen on the right and the fake on the left (or vice versa). You keep switching sides which makes it hard to always know which is which (on those back shots and so forth).

Anyway, great job, thanks.

Thanks for the comparison...

Just a poiunt for future comparisons, you may want to keep the orientation of the watches the same in all the shots. In other words always have the gen on the right and the fake on the left (or vice versa). You keep switching sides which makes it hard to always know which is which (on those back shots and so forth).

Anyway, great job, thanks.

It is notable improvement, but I would second that one, still can be seen easily which is which :lol:

Nice indeed.

The rep seems to be good but strange how that Omega logo on the dial looks like that. It grossly oversized. Strange because otherwise the dial looks good. Print, crispiness, etc. But if he sends a replacement dial it'll be great.

Very nice comparison, good work!

Seems that alot of the 6th Gen POs have the incorrect size for the Omega symbol. Trusty came out with his version - Trusty's Ultimate 45 . Pics looks nice - but if you click the link, it will show the same pics as Josh.

I was actually on the verge of buying a genuine 45mm PO because I was resigned to the possibility that a proper 22mm lug version wouldn't appear.

Then it did, but it was flawed, but my hope was restored. Damn these new generations. I'd have my PO by now if it wasn't for them :D

Comments - hands still a tad too short, caseback is still fat (clearly they are still fitting the one designed for the 7750 based chrono rep) and that Omega logo is WEIRD, but at least the datewheel is now sorted.

If this comes along with a rubber strap then I'm there.

caseback is thicker than the gen. case is thinner than the gen. equals the same thickness. but not correct. hands are the same as the gen. i may buy a genuine dial and crown....would make it an incredible rep!

Seems that alot of the 6th Gen POs have the incorrect size for the Omega symbol. Trusty came out with his version - Trusty's Ultimate 45 . Pics looks nice - but if you click the link, it will show the same pics as Josh.

joshua and andrew i think worked together on this one. should be the same watch. both great dealers!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...