When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

startime case 16610 w/ lugholes

stilty

"I tried sending a PM to Stilty for two of his adapters. Does anyone know if he's still around?"

He moved a couple years back and afaik he has more or less dropped out of the hobby. The adapters he had worked great but they are probably long gone unless someone on the forum coughs one up.

You can usually get by with a standard brass Eta spacer from Raffles Time, Rouhelena etc and have it fitted to a particular movement/case combo by someone handy with a small lathe with a 3 or 4 jaw chuck. I made a few out of brass flat washers and they only cost around $1USD each but it takes an hour or two to cut one to size on my small Sherline lathe. Cutting them to size...that's the catch, it just takes too long and I will not make one unless I absolutely have to

Stilty's adapters were cnc machined and iirc they were around $20 each.

"I tried sending a PM to Stilty for two of his adapters. Does anyone know if he's still around?"

He moved a couple years back and afaik he has more or less dropped out of the hobby. The adapters he had worked great but they are probably long gone unless someone on the forum coughs one up.

You can usually get by with a standard brass Eta spacer from Raffles Time, Rouhelena etc and have it fitted to a particular movement/case combo by someone handy with a small lathe with a 3 or 4 jaw chuck. I made a few out of brass flat washers and they only cost around $1USD each but it takes an hour or two to cut one to size on my small Sherline lathe. Cutting them to size...that's the catch, it just takes too long and I will not make one unless I absolutely have to

Stilty's adapters were cnc machined and iirc they were around $20 each.

Figures. I was after the adapters for a 1016 build and to finish a 16800 using a 2892 and gen dial/disk instead if the y3135 movement.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi Guys, Do you know if it is posible install a gen bezel ring and use click spring and internal bezel of Startime?!

Those cases will accept genuine parts. Some aspects are not 100%, like the crown guards, but the hunter aka are supposed to be gen spec.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 4 months later...
  • 3 years later...

Sorry guys but I don't think anyone said which exact Raffles movement ring will make the ST Case fit a 2836-2 movement.

There are lots of different movement rings so which one fits, please?  Thanks

On 8/26/2014 at 6:17 PM, dbane883 said:

Those cases are rare now since ST stopped selling them couple months ago. Not sure they will stock them again.

Today is 8/26/18 and they are still listed on the website.   So either they don't ever update their website after years or they are selling them again?

The 3135 is 28.5mm in diameter so the ST case ID is a hair larger.  There is no spacer used in a genuine 16610, the movement is a close fit in the case.

An Eta 28xx movement is 26.0mm OD.

Notes:

The figures given are the maximum OD, there is a step on the OD of both movements but the spacer may need to fit around the larger OD shown.  Try fitting everything before making any modifications to the spacer...you will need a precision digital caliper.

Here is what the steps on the movements are for:

With the spacer ID same as the overall movement OD...the spacer may be pushing against the dial.  One project may be different from the next.

When the spacer pushes against the step on the movement...it will be pushing against the movement.  The best method.

Most spacers pass by the step.  When this is the case (pun!) the case clamps usually exert enough downward pressure on the movement to hold it tight without undue pressure on the dial. 

Once you start fiddling with the project you will see what I am talking about (it's for sure I don't know).  :blink:

You need a spacer about 28.5mm OD and you may need to sand it down a hair, maybe not depending on the case ID.

The ID needs to be about 26.0mm to accommodate an Eta 28xx (with the spacer passing by the step).

Brass or aluminum is Ok for spacer material but I lean toward brass when possible.

Custom made spacers like the 'Stilty Spacer' were made to secure the movement by the step but spacers like this are hard to find now and most people do not bother with making them.  I have to make them one at a time and it is slooow going.  The 'Stilty Spacers' were CNC made.  Yuki adaptors probably are too. 

https://rwg.cc/topic/116411-yuki-eta-2824-adaptor/

https://yukiwatch.ecwid.com/ETA-adaptor-retro-fit-cal-15X0-case-p35063689

http://rafflesdials.com/one-pc-28-2mm-solid-brass-movement-spacer-ring-for-mounting-eta-2836-inside-the-36mm-rolex-datejust-watch-case/

http://rafflesdials.com/one-pc-29-2mm-solid-brass-movement-spacer-ring-for-mounting-eta-2836-inside-the-40mm-rolex-submariner-watch-case/

The Raff 29.2mm OD spacer will work if you sand it down.  It does not take much because you only have to cut half of what you need...reducing the OD by .7mm only takes a .35mm cut. 

You need to figure out a way to spin the spacer while sanding the OD if possible so it will be even.

8 hours ago, jmb said:

Here's one I did a few months ago.  I can't remember if the owner sent it to me before or after some CG mods...

Tube hole.jpg

Reference 1.jpg

Serial 1 blurred.jpg

Wow, how high is that case neck?  (Where the crystal goes over)  It looks pretty high and I also didn't know they have a "stepped lip" under it.  Although I guess that stepped lip makes the case neck height less.   Is this what Gen ones have?  I'm just curious because I'm repairing a mid case right now so I'm been trying to research the average height the case neck should be.

12 hours ago, jmb said:

Here's one I did a few months ago.  I can't remember if the owner sent it to me before or after some CG mods...

Tube hole.jpg

Reference 1.jpg

Serial 1 blurred.jpg

great work on the engraving, I thought these were stamped instead of engraved, may I ask what you use for the engraving, I love it....