When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The Mod Team

KB

Your team here at RWG has always worked to keep the board running as smooth as possible with the least amount of intervention, when this board was created we actually had a catch cry 'Less is more' and that remains how we go about moderating today.

To me a Mod is like a policeman, as long as you obey the laws of the land he will leave you alone.

Yet because of this softly softly mantra we often come under fire from people claiming inaction, as you have just seen in the current SQL thread.

The funny thing is that the RWG Team area is one of the busiest sections of the board, there is a myriad of issues we need to deal with all the time just so you the member continues to see none that upsets his/her viewing pleasure.

When people attack the team they do so by attacking a faceless entity call RWG, it's easy...and it's cheap.

Below is listed your team here at RWG...

Admin

Co Admins

Nanuq

TwoTone

Moderators

By-Tor

dluddy

freddy333

Watchmeister

Stephane

FxrAndy

redwatch

KB

Look carefully at those names, most have been the pillars of our hobby for the past 10 years with a sprinkling of a few of the newer bright lights.

What I ask is the next time a member, or dealer, wants to deride our team is that they come back and look at this list and ask themselves exactly which of us do they believe to be incompetent fools!

Rant over.

This thread has not been approved by the team, if you have an issue about it address it to me.

Ken

Ken, Thanks for stepping in for your comrades...it's an amazing, talented hard working group

of Watch-O-Holics, spending countless hours daily with no "Atta Boys" at the end of the day! ;)

From deep down in my heart, I can only say "Thank You", and God Bless you are here,

because if were not, we (meaning members) would not be here!

Thanks Again,

MM

Well said, Ken. And I promise I'll quit trying to trade off your left nut for the latest/greatest builds that come along.

....................even if it IS a low-mileage item! :bangin:

To me a Mod is like a policeman, as long as you obey the laws of the land he will leave you alone.

Great statement Ken, but when I tried to "moderate" and help solve a problem you had as a seller here, you arbitrarily deleted my post as you saw that the information I had posted might actually be of use against you, even though I was obviously not taking sides but just posting information. Your decision, your police action.

I don't remember hearing from any other members of the moderating team regarding this issue, so I am left with the situation of you deciding to use your extra-legal powers entirely on your own to just police the issue to your economic satisfaction.

I have no problem with members here using the forum for their own personal business. I just have a very simple problem with admins seeing themselves as some kind of higher police power able to manipulate the forum for their own exclusive economic benefit.

I have to say that it is the "what a good boy I am" attitude in your post that brought out the truth tonight. I would welcome the input and opinions of the other admins here about this type of issue. It's certainly of interest to long time members as well as newer members.

Guest zeleni kukuruz

Great statement Ken, but when I tried to "moderate" and help solve a problem you had as a seller here, you arbitrarily deleted my post as you saw that the information I had posted might actually be of use against you, even though I was obviously not taking sides but just posting information. Your decision, your police action.

I don't remember hearing from any other members of the moderating team regarding this issue, so I am left with the situation of you deciding to use your extra-legal powers entirely on your own to just police the issue to your economic satisfaction.

I have no problem with members here using the forum for their own personal business. I just have a very simple problem with admins seeing themselves as some kind of higher police power able to manipulate the forum for their own exclusive economic benefit.

I have to say that it is the "what a good boy I am" attitude in your post that brought out the truth tonight. I would welcome the input and opinions of the other admins here about this type of issue. It's certainly of interest to long time members as well as newer members.

Police brutalety :D

Ken

I'm all for ranting, it cleans the throat and clears the mind. But I gotta ask: was there a direct attack on any of you guys or the whole team?

I get the overall impression that you guys are enormously well respected. The occasional criticism is usually directed at specific decisions you guys have to take; and everyone understands they're not easy ones to take.

The team's respect and credibility is based not only on the fact that you guys have seemingly been around forever. It stems from your willingness to discuss openly, accept criticism and act only after reflection and based on hard facts.

I've followed the SQL discussion. Edge criticised what he thought was lack of action, Offshore did the same (based on a former disagreement I guess). You guys answered and acted after collecting all the facts AND after SQL could defend himself. That is not the easy route but it's the right one. And I bet my WM9 Sub that the large majority of people here understand and respect this.

Now if some punk comes around and still is not satisfied with the actions you take as a team let them. That's just a ripple in the ocean.

Thanks for doing a great job here guys.

Have a nice day, all.

Val.

@ Carl are you sure you are not confusing me for someone else?

Drop me a PM and tell me what this is about because I can assure you that I have never, nor would ever use mod powers for financial gain.

Ken

I couldn't have put it better than valerian just did ...... I followed the thread for most of its time but I didn't catch the back end of it and now can't see it :huh:

But from what I could see you guys did what you should, especially as it was a long standing member of the forum.

You do a great job on here you should be proud of the forum :inverted: but as my old man tells me, 'there's nowt as strange as folk lad'!

Happy Easter to all the Mod Crew, have a great weekend ;)

I love RWG

I am very happy that this forum is running smoothly and stay online. You do a great jobb. Thank you! :notworthy:

I think the team should take it as a positive thing that members care enough about RWG to "complain" about how things are run around here

People with opinions are needed, and obviously their opinions can be negatively charged ;) , but in the end it is good that such opinions are brought to the surface and can be digested (in thread fashion)....a forum of "yes" men is not the RWG that we should sthrive for... we do need the "drama" to keep things alive

I think it is also clear that the other replica fora are thriving these days and we are being refered to as the "knitting club" (and this possibly reflects that our RWG is more the new TRC than it is the new RWG at this moment in time) That being said I am proud to be part of this "knitting club", but maybe some more action is needed here? and it is not just the "Team"s but everyones duty to make sure we stay vibrant

RWG will always be my second home

Gunnar :1a:

I just followed the sql thread as a non partial, quiet bystander. And even though I think that things smelled a bit fishy from the start (no smoke without a fire) I must say that you guys did the right thing gathering all info before hitting the red button. Although I am extremely allergic to any form of scamming I still believe in people being innocent until proven guilty.

So thanks to everyone involved in the investigation! Very well done! :good:

Now excuse me, I have some serious knitting to do.. :pardon:

I just followed the sql thread as a non partial quiet bystander. And even though I think that things smelled a bit fishy from the start I must say that you guys did the right thing gathering all info before hitting the red button. Although I am extremely allergic to any form of scamming I still believe that people being innocent until proven guilty.

So thanks to everyone involved in the investigation! Very well done! :good:

Now excuse me, I have some serious knitting to do.. :pardon:

"Now excuse me, I have some serious knitting to do.."

I bet you do bro...I bet you do. ;)

post-19368-0-24988400-1333532628.jpg

That's a huge U turn compared to the topic.

Thanks again to the team of RWG for running this forum smootly.

@ Carl not getting any reaction from other members on your topic could also mean that we don't agree with your point of few.

Carpe Diem

Cats