When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

AP GP Forged Carbon Modded Final, Rep Vs Gen comparison

I tried to turn the lighting darker to show the texture, and If you have seen the GEN watch in your real life, you can see the visibility of Forged Carbon texture is depends on the lighting.

Left : My GP with Forged Carbon modded (US$598 bought from puretime)

Right: GEN GP (US$45,000)

$598 VS $45,000

55671366.jpg

85811658.jpg

37088074.jpg

26136939.jpg

• Like 1

It doesn't need the new carbon case imho, just use the current REP ss case and it can be done, now my forged carbon effect is under the waterproof experiment , it has been 5 days already and the result is satisfied. I just ordered a new material to mix this carbon solution to be perfect, I think it will be all done within a month.

and about the dial, that's impossible to reapaint the dial because the red part should be metallic red plated. not painted. and the platinum also not blue painted, should be metallic blue plated for that part. So I'm thinking to produce a new correct dial about this, hopefully it can be success.

The pusher guards of my GP is incorrect color, the Gen one should be titanium, but it's easy fixed, I will do the new titanium plating on that later.

Not quite sure if these mods are done with a complete new case in carbon-mix or was the finish modded....the ss surface was re-done better to fake the carbon???

Can we have some more information please?

Theo

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I tried to turn the lighting darker to show the texture, and If you have seen the GEN watch in your real life, you can see the visibility of Forged Carbon texture is depends on the lighting.

Left : My GP with Forged Carbon modded (US$598 bought from puretime)

Right: GEN GP (US$45,000)

$598 VS $45,000

Hi,

you have mentioned that you bought this watch from Puretime, do you mind to tell me how reliable are they on selling their products? and do you pay them with PayPal or direct deposit? thank you in adavance for your information

cheers

LK