When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PSA: Gen 16610 Crystal w/ AR For Sale

Martyd3

I agree these crystals are awesome, but I still don't understand the reason to invest 300$ for a part that is incorrect for a non RRR Sub, while a perfect 2nd hand gen could be found easily at half of the money or even less. On the other hand, for a V serial sub this crystal is a must

Edited by w.genzo

I've read that Rolex no longer produce the non ar'd crystals - so servicing and replacement crystals through Rolex will now be these ar'd ones. Increasing the likelihood of more older gen M series etc having an AR'd crystal.

Some gen owners I've seen have upgraded their crystals to this new one too.

I think they represent great value for money. Best mod available for these new breed of Franken subs IMO. Judging by the amount I've been asked I think these are extremely popular.

All down to personal preference I suppose. And there may now be a load of the older type gen crystals up for sale now there's these hitting the market :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree these crystals are awesome, but I still don't understand the reason to invest 300$ for a part that is incorrect for a non RRR Sub, while a perfect 2nd hand gen could be found easily at half of the money or even less. On the other hand, for a V serial sub this crystal is a must

my V series has no AR....

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Another batch of these rare sub date crystals just in. Perfect for that TC/BK Franken build. Or to upgrade your gen! All come with gaskets.

Along with two extremely rare crystals indeed;

1 x 42mm Explorer II - Genuine Rolex!

1 x Milgauss Green glass - again genuine Rolex.

You will not find these items for sale anywhere else - trust me!

Any interest or queries - pm me for my email address.

Cheers,

Tom

• Like 1

I agree, seeing a 16610 in the wild with AR on the cyclops is gonna be a rare event. They may be replacing them at service in many cases, but they will have a ton of non AR crystals to use up first.

In ten years, yes...we will see lot's of AR cyclops, but not now.

As I've said, there are plenty of gen owners buying from me and putting this AR'd cyclops crystal in their subs/yms as an upgrade to their reflective standard cyclops.

I wouldn't hesitate to do it to my gen lv either but it already came with one as a 2010.

Personal preference I suppose. I've got some if anyone's interested here.