When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Daytona pusher tool?

cjjoyce1

I've noticed the bases of the pushers have a knurled edge - like they were meant to be grasped by a specialty tool for removal/installation. I've searched, but haven't found such a thing. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I'd like to replace them with a pair of Clark's. Thanks in advance.

Are Clarks the way to go? They look identical to the DW pushers to my eyes and pretty close to gen pushers from certain years. Am I missing others?

Aside from the Ofrei units mentioned by woof*, there are also similar pushers at CousinsUK. I'd start with Clark.

Whose case are you working on, CJ? If it's a DW, then you may have thread-pitch headaches coming your way.

@LHOOQ, the base is a cartel 6263 - the alleged 1:1 with a V75 movement. Which so far required me to re-tap the case and countersink for the gen tube and crown. . . We'll see about the T-21 next.

ChiMan did some experimenting on the cartel Daytona, including his mod to fix the sub@6 spacing. He might be able to tell you if a T21 will fit or not. If I recall correctly, the bezel dimensions were -surprise!- not 1:1.

ChiMan did some experimenting on the cartel Daytona, including his mod to fix the sub@6 spacing. He might be able to tell you if a T21 will fit or not. If I recall correctly, the bezel dimensions were -surprise!- not 1:1.

No, no surprise there either. The rep crystal I haven't touched yet even has scratches on the side were the bezel was pressed on. Haven't invested in a new one yet, though either. Perhaps a Clarks to play with first. $12 isn't much for guinea pigging.

The sub@6 mod is on the plate.

@ Ephry that's pretty nice. I'll have to ref that on ofrei.