When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

AP Safari

997 s

• 2 weeks later...

The new dial looks perfect. I have an older Safari (I am wearing it now) and the chrono works perfectly, so no need to worry. Just have it serviced if needed. In fact it's the smoothest A7750 I've ever had. I am seriously considering to get this new one though; Silver number surround, softer dial pattern, better color tones, cream datewheel... The only thing left is to get the correct texture and recess on the subdials.

If I were you I would get this, and get it on the rubber strap, then buy an AP Bands or HK Tan hornback strap to make it perfect... then at least you have an extra rubber strap instead of nothing as you will have to throw the rep hornback in the trash where it belongs ;)

Look at the QC pic examples, very nice improvements!

post-27188-0-66246500-1336066273.jpg

post-27188-0-63745200-1336066282.jpg

I got a chronopassion and the Chrono doesn't work properly. I read it from a few other owners and they have the same issue..

The 7750 chrono movement is very complex and often needs a full service to operate properly if you buy it in a replica watch.

Can the Dial be swapped on the existing safari with this new one? and if yes would the old tachy ring be ok ? I want to do it and the dial is available for $98 however without the tachy, as tachy is part of the watch assembly

Answer this man, and do it now!

• Like 1

mt666tm great looking watch man, who is the dealer? Was about to order my Safari from Andrew @ Trusty but need to know. Dial is much better looking. Thanks

Like always.. The TD's pretty much sells the same watches, bought from the same factory. Just ask what ever TD you want to go with for the AP Safari with the new updated dial, and they'll fix it for you.

Dutchman... your comments please?? Can I swap the new dial for the old one ..will it fit?? and how different would the colour of tachy ring be please... I can acquire the new dial

I am not sure 100%, but at 99% I would say you can swap with no problem, as they didn´t change anything but the look and colors, the position of the chronos an all is the same as aaaall ROO Reps... so go for it!

I won´t do it because my Safari was modded by fleed to have the metal surrsounding, if not I would swap the dial asap :)

I am not sure 100%, but at 99% I would say you can swap with no problem, as they didn´t change anything but the look and colors, the position of the chronos an all is the same as aaaall ROO Reps... so go for it!

I won´t do it because my Safari was modded by fleed to have the metal surrsounding, if not I would swap the dial asap :)

Hey thanks for the input aarnival. I remember seeing your dial and I tried a lot to find a modder lol ... So when you say they changed the colours on the dial you think its not much different to the present tachy colour??

Can the Dial be swapped on the existing safari with this new one? and if yes would the old tachy ring be ok ? I want to do it and the dial is available for $98 however without the tachy, as tachy is part of the watch assembly

Which dealer sales new dials?

Hey thanks for the input aarnival. I remember seeing your dial and I tried a lot to find a modder lol ... So when you say they changed the colours on the dial you think its not much different to the present tachy colour??

I dont think the tachy had a big diference, I guess is same... but not sure. Ask a dealer :) maybe they can help