When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Franken Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Offshore White Themes (gen dial, gen tachymeter bezel, gen hands, Swiss ETA 2892-2 + gen Dubois-Depraz module...)

Guest Daytona1984

One minor nitpick: if possible, try to turn down the bezel in order to lessen the gap between the crystal and the tachy ring.

Nice build man! I have the same ;)

It's also very nice with a bracelet! much better than I expected.

The problem with lowering the movement is the cap between the tachy and the crystal. The biggest issue is that the crystal is pressed inn, from from the inside of the bezel instead of from the outside.

So normaly the crystal is hold in place by the tachyring.

In this case (with the cap), the crystal is only hold by a very very thin edge of the bezel (this edge is like 0,5mm). if you push the crystal with your thumps, you can probably push it in.

So for water resistance it's not the best construction.

I have solved this by lowering the movement not as far as yours. Also I have shaved the gasket between the bezel and case a little. You will not see this but it's enough to keep the crystal in place.

I would do one other mod if I were you http://www.rwg.cc/topic/137108-how-to-mod-your-ap-pusher/page__hl__%2Bpusher+%2Bsander

Ciao,

Sander

Why lowering the movement? I trust the movement is well fit into the case and lock in place.

How can lowering the moevment is possible? And what's the point of doing it?

The crown position on a 7750 movement is in line with the chrono pushers.

On a 2892 movement with DD module, the crown is placed lower than the pushers.

In order to make it work, you have to lower the movement or make extensions for the pushers.

The crown position on a 7750 movement is in line with the chrono pushers.

On a 2892 movement with DD module, the crown is placed lower than the pushers.

In order to make it work, you have to lower the movement or make extensions for the pushers.

Ah yes, missed out this point.

Then perhaps shaving the bezel gasket will be the best solution to minimize the gap problem.

Guest Daytona1984

many thanks bro, for the advise :)

i already did the pusher mod. also, i´m about to higher the crown position a little bit. further i have ordered a gen deployment buckle with gen strap plots as well as a custom hornback alligator strap :)

will post pictures soon.

best,

dom

Nice build man! I have the same ;)

The problem with lowering the movement is the cap between the tachy and the crystal. The biggest issue is that the crystal is pressed inn, from from the inside of the bezel instead of from the outside.

In this case (with the cap), the crystal is only hold by a very very thin edge of the bezel (this edge is like 0,5mm). if you push the crystal with your thumps, you can probably push it in.

I have solved this by lowering the movement not as far as yours. Also I have shaved the gasket between the bezel and case a little. You will not see this but it's enough to keep the crystal in place.

I would do one other mod if I were you http://www.rwg.cc/to...+pusher +sander

Ciao,

Sander

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

I know how this one looks and feels - one just like it is sitting on my wrist as I type. ;-)

Very nice. The dial is hard to accurately photograph and has to be seen in person, but you've done a very admirable job of capturing its beauty here.

One minor nitpick: if possible, try to turn down the bezel in order to lessen the gap between the crystal and the tachy ring.

Nice build man! I have the same wink.gif

I would do one other mod if I were you http://www.rwg.cc/topic/137108-how-to-mod-your-ap-pusher/page__hl__%2Bpusher+%2Bsander

Ciao,

Sander

So how many of you RWG guys have White Themes frankens - Daytona, Chieftang, Sander, WatchMeister and more recently Tinitonsi? Any others out there?

Guest Daytona1984

Nice one Daytona.

Was this your first franken AP?

Hey buddy, it wasn't my first AP franken. The very first was a blue baton with a sec at nine case back in 2007/2008 ;)

Amazing !!! 

I really feel pieces like this have great value,,, i would prefer to won one of these than the GEN ... 

the effort and patience to create this piece .. show a lot of love for watches ...

Again well done and admire your talent ...