When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Will Bk TW best parts fit straight into a TC case?

cougar1

Quick question, take an empty TC case, remove entire tw best movement including movement holder and try slot it into a tc case, will it work, will there be issues with the 2836 and stem tension in the tc? For that matter is it possible to remove an entire tw bezel with gen insert and put it on tc case also? In fact lets rip out the gen crystal in a tw and transfer that also. Silly questions yes, but I'd like answers ;)

The gen crystal will fit perfectly with the correct gasket.

You may do better to pull the entire bezel (crystal ring included) and press it onto the TC. (it should fit that way but I've never tried it.)

But then again, the top of the TW crystal ring is likely to have been shaved down a bit to fit the gen insert....not sure if a TW bezel ring fits the TC crystal ring correctly.

I don't believe the 2836 will fit the TC case well due to the higher crown position as you've mentioned.

Edited by correctime

Well I did read today that someone successfully put a 2836-2 in a TC case. I would give it a shot and see what happens. great questions though as I to have a franken TW that I am getting edgy with as I want a TC or sean built sub now...I too want to transfer over my gen xstal, insert, crown and tube :) good luck and let us know what you end up with! a lot of TW guys probably want the TC now...

4d61e4e7-f07d-a09e.jpgI fitted my TW bezel straight on to the TC crystal retaining ring and had no issues. I did this as the gen inset would have to have been slightly sanded round the edge to fit the TC bezel - not the case with my TW. The TC bezel ring does not need sanded as it has a different profile.

No idea with the movement but doubt you could use the movement ring and tabs as TC case is designed like gen which is different so you would need to try it with the TC movement ring. My pers view is that the way that the TC movement ring works is far superior to the tab approach

Cheers guys, great info, and glad to see the entire bezel fit fine without bother. I thought I saw too that someone transplanted an entire 2836 in the TC case and had no problems with stem height...but I can't find the thread. The had to use the TW movement holder obviously. If anyone confirms it, let us know.

The gen crystal will fit perfectly with the correct gasket.

You may do better to pull the entire bezel (crystal ring included) and press it onto the TC. (it should fit that way but I've never tried it.)

But then again, the top of the TW crystal ring is likely to have been shaved down a bit to fit the gen insert....not sure if a TW bezel ring fits the TC crystal ring correctly.

I don't believe the 2836 will fit the TC case well due to the higher crown position as you've mentioned.

Check this thread Crown position is on par with wm9 v1

Check this thread http://www.rwg.cc/to...__fromsearch__1 Crown position is on par with wm9 v1

BK TW crown height is on par with the TC 16610 crown height??

That's not what I gather but crown height has never been an issue for me.

Which is why I'm sticking to the TW :)

But the question is...will the BK TW guts fit into a TC case issue free ??

Meaning will the 2836-2 fit the TC case..??

Due to crown height I'm saying I don't believe it will be a straight drop in...but I really don't know. :)

Edited by correctime

BK TW crown height is on par with the TC 16610 crown height??

That's not what I gather but crown height has never been an issue for me.

Which is why I'm sticking to the TW :)

But the question is...will the BK TW guts fit into a TC case issue free ??

Meaning will the 2836-2 fit the TC case..??

Due to crown height I'm saying I don't believe it will be a straight drop in...but I really don't know. :)

fit - no problemo

• 3 months later...