When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Really long time at "Depart USPS Sort Facility" ?

williamyohan

Hi,

This is my first post, and I have a concern/question about "Depart USPS Sort Facility" status. After reading lanikai's guide and looking around the forum, it seems it only takes one day for the watch to arrive after "Depart USPS Sort Facility" status. However, it seems different in my case.

Here is some details from USPS tracking site.

Processed Through Sort Facility April 18, 2012, 2:58 am ISC LOS ANGELES CA (USPS)

Inbound into customs April 19, 2012, 4:26 am ISC LOS ANGELES CA (USPS)

Inbound out of customs April 19, 2012, 4:26 am ISC LOS ANGELES CA (USPS)

Processed through USPS Sort Facility April 19, 2012, 4:33 am LOS ANGELES, CA 90009

Depart USPS Sort Facility April 19, 2012, 4:33 am LOS ANGELES, CA 90009

Is it normal? or my order is actually still in the customs? it seems that my package is already released from the customs :huh: I live in Los Angeles and my zip code is 90012.

Thanks,

William

Edited by williamyohan
  • Like 1

Yes it was shipped via EMS. Is it usually take several days to be processed in the facility?

Thanks for the reply.

If it went EMS you should have it in a day or two.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Oh the joys of the useless USPS system!! Be patient. It will arrive. But don't ever trust a thing the tracking info tells you. I tracked a package once that said for over a week that it was dropped off for delivery in China. Then one day, it just showed up, but the tracking info still showed that it was being sorted in China.

The only thing consistent about the USPS is their inconsistency. I've had packages delivered for 2 days and still show "in transit" The biggest problems are 1) The USPS does not scan at every stop, like UPS andFedEx. thye are supposed to but they don't. 2)The volume of mail often overwhelms the system. If your package is in a trolly and it gets pushed back by others, it can sit for days. So instead of first in first out, it's often first in last out! hopefully, since your package is EMS it will get to you in a day or two.

Hi thanks for the advice :) Usually, do they need a signature for the parcel or they just leave it in the mailbox? Good thing is it keep me wake up early in the morning.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

You have it backwards. DHL and the other carriers are more aggressive when finding replica goods, because they are paid a bounty for finding them. They want to steal your parcel. It makes them money.

EMS and AirMail are the safest ways.

Hi thanks for the advice :) Usually, do they need a signature for the parcel or they just leave it in the mailbox? Good thing is it keep me wake up early in the morning.

EMS is treated by the USPS as an express mail piece when it arrives in the USA. It needs to be signed for, and it should be delivered by a special postal courier separate, and earlier in the day than your regular postman.

In mail sorting centers, EMS is given priority over other mail, since it is special courier mail.

That is why you have a problem here ... EMS should be at your home the day after it leaves Customs.

Altho Im sure nothing is seriously wrong, the PO is screwing up big time by not delivering this piece immediately.

Normally I see EMS in 1 day out of Customs but once, it took 9 days. I assume someone dropped the box in the back of their truck and found it 9 days later.

First email the USPS and tell them to find it. It's their responsibility .. if they tell you it's gone forever, then go to the TD for a re-shipment.

Don't panic yet tho. It's still within the time frame which can (sadly) occur. EMS is normally 5 days, Chinese door to my door.

Thanks Jkay for the help, appreciate it a lot.

Is it safe to e-mail USPS? I read in the forum, some suggest not to contact USPS at all. While E-mailing the USPS, I just told them to find my package by giving them my tracking numbers?

How about coming to the their sorting center and pick it up? Since its really close from my place, probably like 15 minutes walk.

Thanks again.

USPS does some oddball stuff at times.

I had a recent EMS parcel pass through customs twice; first it hit SFO and was then sent over to NYC; inbound and outbound of customs both times. From the time it left NYC, it took 7 days or so to arrive (I'm out West). Total transit time was a little over 2 weeks; so only 11 days longer than the usual EMS delivery :bangin:

That was a head scratcher for me. My F5 button is pretty worn down thanks to USPS oddities like that...

That was a head scratcher for me. My F5 button is pretty worn down thanks to USPS oddities like that...

Haha completely agree with that.

Should I try to e-mail them? A little bit confuse, some said don't call USPS when the parcel "stuck". Opinion?

Thanks for all the help everybody. :)

Edited by williamyohan

I bought a yuki 1665 caseback from a member in the UK. Registered mail it took about 4 days to land in NYC.

It's been sitting in customs in NYC since the 13th! So I emailed them yesterday and it showed up today!?!? lol.

You gotta have patience in this hobby :)

I hope you get you watch soon!