When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Wednesday Wristies

freddy333

Guest zeleni kukuruz

@JKay

Hahaha, he is resting, after the last mod with gen crown and tube he took a vecation ;)

Now i have on the 1675, gen crown/tube, gen plexi, gen insert and gen springbars.I think it will do for now!

That is one sweet dial!

Reminds me of a treasured old scrapbook, which I ran across in my parent’s basement, with its sun-faded blue construction paper cover.

Thanks, Vly.

Patina aside, the dial is very intriguing to me as it's quite similar to that of a Nautilus' dial; it changes color and tone depending on the angle/lighting it's viewed from. It can go from near-black to a deep, bright blue to anthracite grey with a flick of the wrist. The brushed surface helps diffuse the monotony of what would otherwise be a large, empty space as do the speckles of the 18k YG dial base peeking through the patina'd areas of the surface. The crisp, polished case framing the dial provides for a very complimenting contrast and the overall simplicity is maybe what I appreciate most. The watch looks very basic and unassuming on the wrist, but what's contained inside and hidden behind the caseback contradicts the exterior.

This piece may very well be my favorite in the collection :)