When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Submariner non date advice

nass

Hi Guys,

Just looking to you for a little wisdom and advice, I want to buy a non date sub and am not sure what should be looking for and where, which dealer would you recommend the highest for these watches?

Any advice given is greatly appreciated

Thank you all in advance

Nass

In my experience the non date sub in the rep world has always been a disappointment and inaccurate.

Im hoping that they will do great things with a rep of the new ceramic ND sub from Basel this year.

Id go for one of TCs or BK's date subs with gen insert, and wait for a new ND sub super rep. (fingers crossed theres one in the pipework)

I've just realised that a freind has bought be back non date, it's quite nice overall could be a good daily beater, only prob is it has oyster perpetual date on the insert but no date window etc :(

Will look in to your suggestions thank you

If your talking about a modern 14060 sapphire no date, as mentioned.....there are no good ones at the dealers.

But you can build a pretty nice and wearable no date. This was a 16610 swiss noob. One of the first reps I bought.

Talented member Jmb has some no date dials and he came up with my watch. He drilled lugholes, installed 14060 dial, gen crown and insert.

The 14060 is actually a different size than the 16610, but most people wouldn't notice it.

69a879a3.jpg

b768c943.jpg

Looks really good woof ;) Mine is straight from the dealers with eta movement, I am not sure how accurate it is but love it all the same......till I saw yours :huh:

IMG_0592.jpg

I had the same model as yours - drilled lugged two-liner. Aside from the slightly odd Oyster Perpetual font and wokky rehaut I thought it was a nice rep. I eventually swapped it for the new SD - a better rep for the money IMHO

Like Alligoat says... a 5513 would be my first choice. You can get pretty accurate with a good case like an MBW.

Somehow I got the feeling OP wanted something modern?

Sgtguk: your watch is awesome! I hadn't seen that one!

If your talking about a modern 14060 sapphire no date, as mentioned.....there are no good ones at the dealers.

But you can build a pretty nice and wearable no date. This was a 16610 swiss noob. One of the first reps I bought.

Talented member Jmb has some no date dials and he came up with my watch. He drilled lugholes, installed 14060 dial, gen crown and insert.

The 14060 is actually a different size than the 16610, but most people wouldn't notice it.

69a879a3.jpg

i like your 14060, youve accumulated quite a nice little collection there woof