When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

DSSD Bezel

LondonBloke

Hello

I have read a number of threads and it appears that Trevor offers the best DSSD bezel insert? I spotted a thread where the pictures seem to have disappeared where somebody replaced the bezel and illustrated with pictures.

My question is, is it easy enough to change the bezel insert or should I be leaving to the experts? I bought the watch from BK and I am delighted with the watch and the service, my only gripe was that the pearl fell off within a few hours of wearing it. I know BK is on holiday so this is not a complaint against him.

I think I now want to change the whole insert, I'm right in thinking that only black is available as this is the colour of the original Rolex?

Also, is it possible to make the bezel a bit tighter, it seems a little loose.

Any help would be gratefully received.

Edited by LondonBloke

In case this helps anybody else....

I am waiting a new bezel insert from Trevor. I removed the old bezel very easily using a hair dryer and a toothpick under the pearl hole. The bezel itself was quite loose so I tried the dental floss trick, this worked a treat. All I would advise is to keep checking the bezel, adding a little bit of floss till you feel its OK. I added too much and it seem to allow the bezel to be bi-directional, I guess it was pulling the spring maybe? I plan on using tiny drops of Araldite to fix the Trevor bezel in place when it arrives (Araldite is brand in the UK, 2 part epoxy glue).

I am glad I solved the loose bezel problem, it really irritated me for some reason.