When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

If you don't make profit you will not do it. and if you really don't make profit than you are stupid or crazy

Hi all,

I feel insulted by a member in this forum and I want to hear what is your opinion on this.

Background:

I bought many watch boxes (in fact too many) when I went on a business trip to GZ. And when I return home, I got welcomed with a sulky face from my wife. She "instruct" me to sell them all as they are taking up too much space and insist in me using the watch box she bought for me which I don't really like. =P

So I put all the watch boxes up for sale. And I received many response and most of my box are grab straight away.

Problem:

Shortly I received a payment from let's call him "R". Mr. R bought a watch box from me. He made a payment through paypal and I agreed to ship it the next day.

However, I have another member who are interested in my other boxes. But he have been dragging the payment and I prefer to go to the post office after both of them settled their payment.

My journey to the nearest post office is 2 hours and back is another 2 hours. Moreover, due to my day work (9-6) I'm stuck in work and cannot make the trip to the post office anytime I want.

Hence, I have to delayed the postage. And I let Mr. R know that too.

Confrontation:

And he PM me demanding for the tracking number or he will report to paypal. (I fully understand it's my fault to delay the postage)

And in the PM he call me names and make me very uncomfortable. Below is the exact quote from Mr. R

"i hate slow people. and i hate more people who have no words like men. a man says a word and does it. what you are doing tells me you are gay. or thief. choose one and reply."

Reply:

I got really upset to receive such abuse from Mr. R. Hence I told him my story. And I told him that I'm not a dealer and I'm not earning any profit from him. $0 profit. And I'm not a cheater or gay or thief or whatever he call me. And I have to absorb the paypal charges (4%) and packaging charges. Lastly, my trip to the post office is 2 hours and back is another 2 hours.

Confrontation 2:

And today I received another round of abuse from him

"man with all the respect to your personal life! why the hell are you sharing this with me??

first rule in business is not to involve your customers in your problems. stop telling me you don't make profit, coz if you don't make profit you will not do it. and if you really don't make profit than you are stupid or crazy.

anyways i don't give a [censored]. if i don't get a tracking number in 24 hours i will report you to paypal as a thief and i will make sure everybody in rag know you are stealing."

Hey guys, do you think I deserve such abuse from Mr. R? And guys selling their watches without profit are stupid or crazy? Maybe I'm naive, do everyone selling their watch with a profit behind? I'm new here and hope to get some guidance from you.

With that said, I'm on my way to get the postage done. In a rather unhappy mood. :(

To be honest T, from what you have said I think you need to man up and get on with it ;) and I don't mean that as it probably sounds on here!

If you promised to send the next day you should send the next day period. Why would you say you would do it then not? I appreciate that the trip is a few hrs round trip but you told him that you would do it, not that if the other guy paid you then you would go to Post together.

The internet is rife with rip offs and people get nervous very very easily, in saying that the guy you sold to could use some better choices with his emails but hey he is most likely panicking that he is gonna lose some money to you ;)

As always on here one thing is true, trust and patience are needed in this game :huh: hope the rest of your sales go better for you!

Hey Sgtguk,

Yeah I fully understand and am sincerely sorry for not sending the box as promised. I just find the words he used are too much and he assumed that everyone selling stuffs here make a profit or we are deem stupid or crazy in his dictionary, and this is what really anger me here. (Which explains the title of this post)

Well I too must be stupid or crazy to him Tan because I dont sell for a profit :fool: the stuff I sell on here I genuinely bought for me, I either don't use it or dont quite like it so I put it up to see if anyone else would like it, I hate to keep [censored] I dont use (a watch a day keeps the doctor away eh lol) :inverted: this is a community forum after all and most of the stuff sold on here is pretty good for the money I reckon.

Apart from you not getting the box in the post mate I dont see why he is so angry about it in his emails apart from what I have already said, he just needs to chill a bit :yeah: dont worry about it too much though mate life's too short ;)

Guest zeleni kukuruz

To be honest T, from what you have said I think you need to man up and get on with it ;) and I don't mean that as it probably sounds on here!

If you promised to send the next day you should send the next day period. Why would you say you would do it then not? I appreciate that the trip is a few hrs round trip but you told him that you would do it, not that if the other guy paid you then you would go to Post together.

The internet is rife with rip offs and people get nervous very very easily, in saying that the guy you sold to could use some better choices with his emails but hey he is most likely panicking that he is gonna lose some money to you ;)

As always on here one thing is true, trust and patience are needed in this game :huh: hope the rest of your sales go better for you!

+1

Forgive me for asking but what part of the USA is 2hrs from the nearest post office?

I'm sorry but despite the fact the buyer has come on a bit strong, you should not make a promise you wont (or possibly can't) keep.

That said I fail to see why this member to member transaction is being posted on the board, from what you say no one has scammed the other and it is more a case of bruised ego's.

Ken

Again, I want to stress that I know and fully aware that I should sent the box as promised. But what really make me wanting to post this up is the fact that he assumed that everyone selling stuffs here make a profit or we are deem stupid or crazy in his dictionary, and this is what really anger me here. (Which explains the title of this post)

I'm not in USA.

In my opinion you should not have made a promise you were not prepared to keep. When you knew this you should have offered a refund immediately. The buyer then could have made a decision.

However the buyer and forget about behave like a [censored] in his response. It was unnecessary and unwarranted. It's too easy to behave like that online - you would not do it face to face as you might receive a more physical response.

Marky1012

'you would not do it face to face as you might receive a more physical response'

Lol you must work in Retail ! :inverted:

I used too for about 15yrs and your dead right there M, the amount of people who harass and berate you on the phone or indeed by email amazed me, then when you finally get them face to face they are nice as pie to you, it's a mad old world eh :huh:

Sorry for the abuse, however you made the rule of next day shipping. No matter what the problem with one purchaser( paying late) it shouldn't affect the transaction with the other. You should honor the shipping agreement with the person who has already paid, and let guy whos draging his feet, be the one that doesn't get it shipped right away.

His words are abusive but you have to think before you speak. Don't offer next day or any shipping date unless you know you are going to do it. You don't know him and more importantly he (who has sent you the money) doesn't know you. My advice would be to refund the money and resell the box telling the new buyer what the real shipping expectations are upfront. Money in the hand means it is your responsibility. I take it the other guy still hasn't paid and until he does you don't know if he ever will.

i have to disagree with most people on here,

just because you said youd ship it the next day is not an initial essential part of the contract, he has purchased the item and that is the significant part to the deal.

That guy sounds like scum, that shouldnt be on these forums and shouldnt deal with anyone like that.

Whats a 1 day delay anyway? TDs can take weeks, do we email TDs calling them gay? Your unable to post it the next day and told him that..

in my opinion is the BUYER that should get over it and wait the extra day or so.

It's not the end of the world that the OP couldn't ship the next day. The item is a box and not a watch, I could see being upset if it was a watch, or if I was going away and I counted on the seller shipping next day. OP just refund the buyers money and be done with it. It's only a box, and if the buyer is this upset imagine if he finds a defect with the item.

Thanks guys. I've offered him the options for a refund. I have other people who are interested too. Now I just have to wait for him to get back to me.

And I guess I have learn a lesson and never to mentioned anything about delivery date.

Next time I will just say, if you can't wait then don't bother contact me. :bangin:

Thanks guys. I've offered him the options for a refund. I have other people who are interested too. Now I just have to wait for him to get back to me.

And I guess I have learn a lesson and never to mentioned anything about delivery date.

Next time I will just say, if you can't wait then don't bother contact me. :bangin:

Perhaps next time you sell an item you should make a note that the postal office is a two hour trip and you will ship when you have other items to also be posted. This way you you won't run into this problem again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I should not mention any names here. Perhaps anyone selling their pre-loved item have to be more careful with their promises made. Learnt from my lesson. Thanks Philfree, I should mentioned about the postage journey.

As for watchmeister, mentioning of names isn't my intention in this thread. Again, I think I should respect him and give him options, afterall I did promised to "pass" him the box. Perhaps I can reveal a little more information is that he's pretty new here too (<20 posts). So I guess I can understand his concerned.

One of the greatest problems with the internet, is it allows folks to be anonymous. Although you have the guys name and address, chances are he is thousands of miles away, and you will never meet. Because of that people who are basically cowards can be as vile and threatening as they want on the internet, on forums, sales sites and emails. It gives those who are basically the ones always kicked to the curb at work,in relationships and life in general, a chance to be a "big Man" The best way to handle these people are ignore them. Don't get into a confrontation, that only empowers them. Refund his money, don't wait for a response. Send him and email explaining that you are sorry that you couldn't comply with his demands and it would be best to end the transaction.

And now, for the next time, don't make the same mistake again. If you offer next day shipping, then you need to adhere to that. After all you get to make the rules, so you should play by them. I buy stuff from a fellow out in New Mexico. He does really nice silver work and leather tack. He lives way the hell and gone out in the sticks in Northern NM. He is probably at least 2 hours from a post office (yes Ken, just like in Australia, there are lots and lots of places in the USA that are way more than 2 hours way from a post office. Out west there are places that you are a half days drive away from anything!!) At any rate this fellow ships once a week on Thursday, which is his day to go into town to get supplies and groceries. So if you order something on Thursday evening, it's not going to be shipped for a week. But you know that up front. He makes it very clear on his website. So What you need to do is decide what is a logical shipping schedule and stick to it. It's not entirely fair to make a customer wait while someone else makes up their mind. Another thing, If it is indeed 2 hours to the post office, you need to be adding at least postage to the price. I would add a few dollars to the price as well to make up for gas ,unless you are going into town anyway. If you have to make a special trip to the post office, 4 hours of driving, probably translates to 30-40 bucks worth of gas. Unless you're getting a helluva price for those boxes, you will be bankrupt by the time you sell them all!! Just kidding, but you are giving away a lot if you are selling them for cost.