When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Couple Of Vintage Breitling Beauties

eunomians

These two are recent additions...

I have been wanting an 806 since I was a kid.

The dream has finally come true!

The 806 is from '67 or so. I have a NOS lizard strap with 16mm 'double Breitling planes logo' buckle as well as the NOS Breitling buffalo grain strap in the pics.

The 816 Navitimer is from '68 and has its original NOS Tropic strap from the factory. It also has the double Breitling planes logo' buckle as well. The case is the same case as the Chrono-Matic 1806/1809 series. It is large but quite thin and lightweight; consequently, very comfortable to wear. I almost bought an 1806 but I can't really can't get into Caliber 11 or 12 movements. They are boring in my book. Hence the reason why I have a love/hate relationship with the Heuer Autavia. The 816 has dial action with its running seconds. I like to know if my watches are alive or not ;-)

Anyhow, I was going through all of my watches today, and I took a lotta pics. Just thought I'd share some vintage action on an otherwise 'newer' style forum section.

PS. Excuse the Rolex pic in the Breitling forum :bangin:

img3876hc.jpg

img3877m.jpg

img3888km.jpg

img3909ou.jpg