When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Which watch gets you the most compliments?

irolexu

Well I always thought a Rolex was the best way to go for people to notice and appreciate your watch as much as you do. Wrong I was! I recently acquired a panerai 111N and this baby gets atleast 5 compliments a day! My Rolex sub maybe will get that in a week if I am lucky! Anyways share your opinions here!

Wore a Rolex for years,nobody noticed. Then again,not many have microscopes attached to their eyes.

Wore a Pam and every kid leaving the gumball machine at the grocery store seemed to be in a competition with me,dammit,punks ended up in grocery carts.

Ended up with Breitlings. Pussy galore and guys wearing reps of what i wear. :)

rarely get compliments, but when I do its usually for watch thats out of the norm, hence why its get attention. My brother has a Tag Monaco 24 concept, gets sooooo many compliments, especially from the women.

I have more classic taste, so the watches all look the same to non watch people, they dont notice. Probably my Breitling Bentley flying B gets the most attentsion, big and shiney :)

Guest zeleni kukuruz

My alarm watch (clock) it gets me up in the morning. And when im up,i see smiles on my famelys faces :) and this watch should be getting all the compliments but rearly it does!

If I were to tell you...well you probably wouldnt believe me.

I actually dont believe It myself. :lol:

Yes...a(rather) cheep quartz Invicta.. Subaqua Noma special 5216. I picked it up ebay about two years ago for $250.00.

It seems that most people are attracted to the "case In cradle" design. Which I have to admit is pretty cool.

To be fair It's actually been a pretty good watch for a beater..I have worn It swimming/snorkeling and have had no issues thus far.. The Swiss eta 251.272 has been flawless. The min and hour hands can also be set Independently. The bracelet is also very nice.

Another watch I get a fair amount of complements/comments on is my orange PO. The orange bezel against the black dial really gives this watch some POP on the wrist..

My personal experence is that your average Joe knows absolutely nothing about watches...Im never asked about the movement for example...Just the "thats a cool looking watch" comments. and...."what's a Panerai"? lol :D

Mike

post-19368-0-64651200-1336463262.jpg

I have a gen ceramic 8500 PO and a gen speedmaster, and those should deserve the most compliments. However, I can count on one hand the number of times for both of them combined.

The watch that I do get compliments for (mainly from chicks actually) is the black dial rep SOSF.

Actually I'm surprised how infrequently anyone comments on my reps, I've had less then 5 compliments for strangers in a decade or so wearing 1:1 reps of some of the worlds best watches.

You'd feel awfully ripped off if you spent the big bucks on the real deal and got zero reaction wouldn't you

I've had gen rolexes for years. And I recall getting one compliment ever on my gen 16750 gmt. Have a couple of datejust. Got around 3 ever! And thats with blinging out one of them but i do get stares once in a while Had a gen breitling crosswind that fetched me plenty compliments. I think people tend to notice ure Rolex watches but for whatever reason don't feel like giving compliments. Not only that rolexes are not the trend setters any more. They're more like old money now.

Very interesting comments...big watches looks like that's the thing to wear if your seeking attention! Maybe when Rolex is nice enough to launch there new deepsea that james Cameron will be taking to the bottom Rolex will get that same reaction everyday that my Pam has been getting lol

Haven't gotten any comments yet since I started wearing reps. Which is indeed strange. I assume most just don't know or care about watches enough. I used to be an avid G-Shock wearer, did get comments and questions about those from time to time though.

I very rarely complement other people's watches, except if it is something quite unusual like a Lange or a Breguet. It seems too obvious to complement a Rolex or Panerai, as they are brands that everyone knows. I have complimented G Shocks, as most g shock owners are watch enthusiasts.