When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Help with Gen Parts with Josh 5513

milesd

Well I wanted to use a Gen Plexi since I have gen pretty much everything else minus the midcase, retaining ring and Yuki caseback. Azgjav's case also had the Polex engraving just like mine. I'm starting to question either the plexi I bought wasn't gen (I bought a second plexi today to try as well, this time NOS dome) or as Auto stated, the cases may vary batch to batch. This could be why the bezel retaining ring had that plastic gasket. If the Rehaut was too small, they made a new plexi to go with the flawed case but used the same retaining ring and just added a plastic "gasket"? I'm not sure that makes a lot of a sense as you'd think if they made a new plexi, they would have made a new retaining ring as well. but who knows, these are $118 reps.

I'll update everyone once my new Plexi arrives. However I'm leaving for my Honeymoon on Tuesday so I may not have it by then. If not, I'll update in 3 weeks.

And Woof, if you have a spare Josh case, maybe you could send it out to me and I can test my parts and let you know. Thanks!

I'm going to guess Josh got some of these PT watches and shipped them in place of the first ones if you got your watch from him. Josh may not be aware of it even.

Congrats on your wedding! :)

Well, let me know about your spare 5513 case.

thanks! My wife and I eloped back in November but that wasn't the best time to honeymoon. We'll be spending a week in Big Sur and then another week Vegas to visit my parents (we call it post honeymoon since it involves my parents) ;)

JMB is working on a Tudor build for me right now, with a new cartel 5513 case. It has the POLEX marking between the lugs.

JMB, if you see this can you tell us whether mine had that goofy rubber gasket between the crystal & retaining ring? That might tell us whether the new 5513 cases are no longer gen-spec or if they are more like the puretime cases...

Edited by Snow Dog

Snow - I seem to vaguely remember a very thin piece/shred of plastic when I pulled your compression ring but I remember thinking that it was probably sloppy assembly and was some of the protective stuff that might have been on the crystal. I can say, though, that the compression ring will be a very snug fit over the Clark crystal. I have not pressed it down fully yet as I am still waiting on the different hands. Your case has an "L" serial number...

Snow - I seem to vaguely remember a very thin piece/shred of plastic when I pulled your compression ring but I remember thinking that it was probably sloppy assembly and was some of the protective stuff that might have been on the crystal. I can say, though, that the compression ring will be a very snug fit over the Clark crystal. I have not pressed it down fully yet as I am still waiting on the different hands. Your case has an "L" serial number...

Sounds like I'm OK but I wonder what's up the the OP's fitment issue...

Thanks again for building my 'flake!

Edited by Snow Dog

Just to share some more experiences in this thread: my Josh 5512 is less than two months old and I recently tried to fit an Ofrei T19 to it. I cracked the crystal trying to get the retaining ring on it. I just received my Clark T19 today and the retaining ring fits like a glove. Going to try to finish my Tudor 9401 build this one. Anyone know if the Yuki 9401 caseback will fit the josh case, and if so, is it any good?

If anyone has a spare Josh case (or any case I can use for a Tudor 7928) let me know. Don't want to take the chance ordering from Josh.

Cheers,

Catalin

No worries on ordering from Josh. Everyone was confused earlier and we figured the Josh 5513 hasn't changed.

You should be good to go. :clap2:

Slight hold up. The seller sent me a NOS Tropic 127 instead of the 19. I'm leaving on my trip tomorrow evening so I'll update this thread at the end of the month.

Good luck on your trip - I was following that same movement and was able to keep my fingers off the buy button when it went above my steal price. Loofing forward to your updates when you get back!