When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New registered person's feedback

ZuluTag

Hi FxrAndy and the other members,

Thank you so much for the last post Andy excellent. Good point on the same photo of the Panerai re different watches as per the second hand, good pick up. Mickey, as mentioned before by me and others on rare occasions is either extremely time poor due to too many sales and too little staff or just slack on those occasions re QC (for me 1 in 19 watches) which for ratio for me was ok. I always go through in my emails a persistent and repetitive set of requests for him to double check everything, it has worked for me. My sister goes to China once a year with work and on that occasion I kindly asked her to put it into her suitcase and post it in China. Although Sino had another office site in the city where she was and Google earth showed it as 2 blocks from her hotel. She dropped it off and Mickey sent it back (repaired in 8 days EMS shipping) So that was ok for me on that occasion.

Now on the mechs very very impressive Andy and I have to look more into that for my own benefit and really appreciated your findings. The running at 21600bph due to the size of the balance wheel is totally something I was unaware of (not being a technician) also the panerai plates etc and too swans neck issue. Whooooow interesting stuff my Pan and Hublot has been running perfectly now for some 3 years each so fingers crossed there, no servicing either. Great food for thought though, well done Andy fantastic work. I can see that yes hopefully we can all learn from each others experience after all there is no c.net reviews on copy watches, yeah ha ha :).

Cheers guys

Many thanks, I look forward to contributing to this site.

Kind Regards

Zulu Tag

Yeah totally agree Jkay in relation to the passing off of replica's. Look of course I have gone into watch shops like maybe many of you with my replicas on and perused as I enjoy looking at the real authentic ones. In Honolulu Waikiki there is the well known retail high end retailer called Torneau. They stocked everything some 300 watches in glass all brands from Franck Muller's Turbillion to diamond Hulblot etc everything, with very experienced watch staff all aimed at the Japanese customer. While in there the pushy sales person asked if I would want a trade in, it was just harmless sport, fun so I gave it to him to look at (couldn't pick it of course) that's all. I took it back as one would and just walked off with a smile )). Of courses I would never try to pass off a replica for real that is a criminal offense and I work in govt law enforcement )) so I know the crimes act all too well. It sometimes just the only way to actually see the two side be side and is immensely crucial for me in verifying what I have purchased or about to purchase is of high quality.

Cool

Cheers

Zulu Tag

Yeah totally agree Jkay in relation to the passing off of replica's. Look of course I have gone into watch shops like maybe many of you with my replicas on and perused as I enjoy looking at the real authentic ones. In Honolulu Waikiki there is the well known retail high end retailer called Torneau. They stocked everything some 300 watches in glass all brands from Franck Muller's Turbillion to diamond Hulblot etc everything, with very experienced watch staff all aimed at the Japanese customer. While in there the pushy sales person asked if I would want a trade in, it was just harmless sport, fun so I gave it to him to look at (couldn't pick it of course) that's all. I took it back as one would and just walked off with a smile )). Of courses I would never try to pass off a replica for real that is a criminal offense and I work in govt law enforcement )) so I know the crimes act all too well. It sometimes just the only way to actually see the two side be side and is immensely crucial for me in verifying what I have purchased or about to purchase is of high quality.

Cool

Cheers

Zulu Tag

Welcome to the forum Zulu,

On the subject of taking our reps into genuine delaers...that is a serious no-no.

It's not about legality.

We don't do that ever. We want our hobby to be under the radar out there and do not need attention drawn to our hobby. We also do not post pictures on gen forums.

Both of those things will get you banned on all of the replica forums. Again...we don't want attention drawn to our hobby, so resist impulses to show them to genuine watch dealers.

Or to try and see the genuine watch forum guys go crazy, or try to trick them.

These are the basic rules of our hobby.

Stick around, there are some really good people here and so much to learn about watches, both rep and gen.

Yeah totally agree Jkay in relation to the passing off of replica's.

Just so you understand, I was not accusing you of doing something shady, I was trying to warn you that some people here react rather violently to stories of "fooling" Gen dealers with replicas, since they feel it raises the profile of our Hobby and is detrimental in the long run to our ability to peacefully and quietly collect replica watches.

I'm personally not that reactive about those kinds of stories, and if it's a fun or humorous tale with a happy ending then I don't mind hearing them.

Others disagree, and are free to.

Absolutely )) no probs at all Jkay )) totally understand )) thats cool. Hey what is the most popular watch at present with you guys out there ????? Can someone let me know about any new products or potential great buys ?? Really look forward to getting the latest from you guys )). I am thinking of getting Franck Muller Casablanca just for the suit and work on special occasions, conferences.

Hey j3T no probs your reps look great ))) the first one was an amazing buy, where did you get that from and how long ago, did very very well there ?? Look yeah the orange on the second one a tad out Omega have always had just the one colour for that series. It's not due to age or discolouring. For some reason whether Omega have had a hand in this hmmmm paying off the factories etc I don't know, hmmm.... I am cynical. But look no one normally would ever pick up the difference unless the have one one their wrist or see it side by side. Personally I was torn between changing it on mine as I personally liked the stronger more brighter tiny bit darker orange. At night it especially looked incredible..I think so much better however I am a stickler for exactness and a guy at work has one (

Yeah .... Upland ......good spotting !!!!! Yes it's a Grand Carerra Pendulum ... You'll laugh though, I picked it up in Bali (Kuta Beach) while surfing there last year. It's really really exact and cost the vast some of $ 60 AUS dollars. I've been going the Bali for some 28 years and normally the street venders sell them and they are just rubbish @ about $20 AUS and just make it to the end of the holiday. However wow... how things have changed world wide hey, they now have these awesome air conditioned shops all over Bali called the Bali Watch Co and have amazing reps even up to $250 to $300 AUS Hublots and and Panerai etc. A lot coming out of Korea and are really bloody good. Worth checking out if you ever go there.

Cheers guys

ZuluTag

( life's too short for a real watch !!!! Although I do have four unfortunately ; ))

• Like 1

Until I found this forum I had never purchased from any dealer other than Sino, I placed an order with tony (I realize also not a trusted dealer) that I have received very little feedback from, no tracking info and going on 3 weeks now. All of my experience with Sino, while being pricier, was honestly better. Tonight I made my first purchases from pure time and perfect clones, already the response and service seem much better. I guess I will just have to wait until some of these watches start showing up in order to compare them to my Sino watches. I actually ordered a Carrera day date identical to the one I ordered from Sino and will be comparing both watches when it arrives.

I only quickly read this thread but thought I could give my 2 cents, given my limited but good experience with Sino. While I don't know what keeps them off of the trusted sellers list, I also don't make the list and like someone said earlier, we are all free to purchase from any dealer we please. There is something to be said for the trusted dealers and the weight of this community that seems to keep them honest.

Welcome aboard Zulu, and thanks to the rest of the forum for your collective knowledge from which I am quickly learning.

Cougar1, dude ........ I am not a friggin ... rep dealer ........... Read the post dude ))))) And being my first thread here ...... Where do you guys who are not contributing but instead bagging ..... Go on your threads anyway ....seems nowhere (of course excluding the other gentlemen who have post constructive responses) ... I thought this was a discussion forum ???

ZuluTag (NOT A REP DEALER ....... Sino watches is in friggin CHINA ...... I live on the northern beaches in Sydney #}#%%

Very kind regards

Andrew ZuluTag

Sydney, AUS

From vast experiance,one thing i can tell you is that "very kind regards" is an asian dealer,or someone on their behalf.

I was the one that reported this clown,when he showed up and went on his spam spree of the same long post in different threads going on about Sino being where its at. Copy/paste in different threads. Seen this many times over the years on 5 rep forums,these guys come and go.

"But i'm not in China!!"...neither is Joshua,so what.

James from Bestswiss at old RW G1 was the best of these threads,for the few like Ken that will remember it,but atleast this guys trying.

Just another one of these threads.

Cougar1 Dude I am not a rep seller ........ Dude read the threat ....... I AM NOT A REP SELLEEEEEERRR mate i live on the northern beaches Sydney O am just like you mate I but real an replicas ....that's it ..... last I check mate Sino watches was in China ?????? I live in Sydney ....... Make some valid contribution ....

It's ok zulutag, calm down a bit, I was just being sarcastic, and I never once accused you of being a dealer. I think something was lost in translation with my comment. I was being sarcastic. I was just getting at the fact that Sino is well known, as are other dealers such as the turkish one and many many others that are not on the forums, they would not be considered scammers, but they don't offer anything different in the vast majority of cases than the dealers on the forums....but they do charge more. they are good at that part. Sometimes they throw in pointless gestures like an extra strap or a box etc but you are still getting essentially the same watch but paying more. There is no mystery to it.

As another poster says, many of the forumites here have been around the block and back again...more than once even, they are well aware what is out there! :D

Just my 2c. Anyway, welcome to the forum, you have a nice collection of watches!

Cougar1 sorry only got your message now )) thanks must have had part of the message cut, yes I read it in the wrong text, thanks mate. Yes I do really appreciated the compliment on my watch collection there are some originals in there. I take great pride in what i know in purchasing reps and the collection I have and the pit falls I have fallen into over the last 20 years buying watches reps and real. No probs lol I have had so many people on the threat barking at me re the watch rep seller angle ha ha it was getting a tad tiring. I wish I was making the money some of these companies are ha ah , anyway no probs ))

Cheers.

ZuluTag

Edited by ZuluTag

Thanks Jkay )) I always sign "kindest regards" in all my correspondences ))) wasn't trying to impersonate a chinaman (no offence to any person from Chinese decent out there or from ....China itself ... awhhh ...now thats funny or is it irony) . Yes my spelling is atrocious, I left school at 15 to pursue an electrical trade and am a child of the electronic spellcheck era and your website's internal spell check is not that good. I am now in the - Australia Tax Office and have been for some 26 years in a very senior position. I was born in Rhodesia to English parents actually and been Aussie citizen for some 43 years. I don't really know any chinese person who actually surfs so hmmm i think I have made my point ))) enough on that. Ha ha I am currently typing on my iPad and in "Pages" so I am now more particular to not making any mistakes. Look I suppose you guys are mostly bored with this threat by now so we can probably close it. I suppose for me I'll definitely continue (oh god here he goes again I can here you saying !!! ) stick to what I know works for me and continue buying form Mickey and Sino as the quality and accuracy has blown me away each and every time. However, i will say that you have also "blown me away" with you recommended sellers. I will purchase my next watch from Trusty Time just to make a point that I am open to other options and really keen to have a look, will be really really interested to see the timeframe and quality. I will certainly post the pictures and review my purchase and the watch and share with you guys my experience, as I am always open minded when it comes to options in particular costs saving ))).

Many thanks all for the contributions .... counter productive and productive ))) I think as well as learning from each other which is really what this site should be endeavoring to do, we also had a chuckle here and there no doubt. All in all we should each do what is good for us after all we have to bloody wear the thing 24 / 7 )))

Kindest regards ;))

ZuluTag ( Andrew)

Edited by ZuluTag

Hi Coopernicus,

Thanks for welcoming me too. Also thanks for posting your experiences with Sino it's good to see that I not the only one and also not crapping on or try to sell others something hmmmm ....just sharing great info, well I thought anyway. (although I think you are a seller Eeeeeeek!! be careful )))) ha ha anyway I'm not. However yes let us know how you go re the Pure Time and the others, will be really interested in seeing how good these watches compare to what I have been getting in the past.

Cheers

mate

ZuluTag