When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

help finding gen or good rep IWC straps

gavinh29

Good evening, I am new to this site and new to collecting rep watches. i have recently ordered an 5002 big pilot, a 3789 46mm top gun and a Portuguese chrono from Andrew at trusty times and eagerly waiting their arrival, in the meantime I am looking for either new or pre owned gen straps or very good rep straps to possibly upgrade the straps they come with, can Anyone recommend somewhere or point me in the right direction. Thanks in advance

I just picked up a gen IWC gator strap with gen deployant on the 'bay for less than $300 inc shipping for my Portuguese. Arrived today and quality is awesome! HKTan also makes an excellent strap for a Big Pilot.

That sounds like a heck of a deal!

My HKtan

15cec271.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just bought a peter.watchacc grade a aligator strap for my Portuguese, can't wait for delivery, are they as good as people say?

The quaility of the alligator skin is very good on mine, better than a lot I have seen in pictures that are cheaper.

The padding on mine is slightly different to a gen, as it was shown in the pictures, but it cetainly looks high class on my 3717.

As they say you get what you pay for, usually anyway!

I ordered an alligator from the watch boys and sent it back as the quality was not as good as Peter's. TWB do have more varieties of color right now.

I'm jouncing for a gen strap for a 5001 I have on order as I can't find anything that's exactly the right color. It's hard to swallow $300 for a strap though.

• 2 years later...

Hi there

I also need a nylon black strap for the big pilot top gun. I am considering going through Peter and getting one of his gator straps. The strap I need is a 21mm or 22mm. What's avoiding me getting the leather strap is that this watches gen strap is that Kevlar nylon type and I really want to keep the same.any idea where I can get one from? The $25 rep really does not cut it. Would a leather strap even look good on this model? Anyone have an example?

Thank you

• 1 month later...