When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

.: Just Bought a cheap reps for AP Royal Oak Stainless Steel :.

hello everyone :)

after trying many" AP reps, my wrist said that AP is not for me, except 39mm and below. :g:

then, for starter, I think I don't want any good or such an ultimate reps, so I search on a dealer in my country, and find this guy who sell AP Royal Oak 39mm, with closed caseback, with, of course, cheapest price available.

overall, as a newbie on rep world, I think this reps is awful

:bangin:

it has "FAKE" written all over it :D . but it has an awesome look also :clap2:

here some pic :

front:

d65350a9.jpg

side + crown :

f3584dc1.jpg

clasp :

6c84236c.jpg

caseback and movement :

f87e21a9.jpg

CONCLUSION : (not much I can say, waiting for some comment from you guys)

* I think closed caseback is better with this awful looking movement

* small and fit nicely on my wrist

* datefont seems to appear in many diferent font. :lol1::biglaugh:

* dial and prints is nicely done, except for the minutes dial, not long enough.

I think because of the dial style and the size, maybe this reps can be considered to be a 15300ST reps.

I bought this for about (after changing currency) $85. B)

so, do yo guys have any comment for my reps? is it not worth buying for $85? or is it worth better enough?

please give it some comment

:)

Looks awesome for $85, how is the bracelet??

Movement looks like your run of the mill chinese 2813 21j. Considering the Gen is low beat this actually a more accurate option.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

bracelet is good, it doesn't rattle much, fit well on my wrist. except for, I think the dealer have keep this reps in the storage for too long that some of the bracelet screw are so hard to pulled off. (I have to put some grease and pushed it from behind). other that, I feel good.

but I don't know, I'm very new with AP reps. is there something to be expected from the bracelet?

anyway, thanks for telling me what movement was that. yes, it sounds low beat.

If you want to improve it, you could have it AR treated and re-lumed.

The AR treatment will bring out the dial and make the watch look so much better. Lume is a bit more of a luxury, but quite fun when it is done correctly.

Perhaps that is what you need to remove the feeling of rep.

The process will however set you back a lot more than $85 ... :(

If you want to improve it, you could have it AR treated and re-lumed.

The AR treatment will bring out the dial and make the watch look so much better. Lume is a bit more of a luxury, but quite fun when it is done correctly.

Perhaps that is what you need to remove the feeling of rep.

The process will however set you back a lot more than $85 ... :(

that's why i'm asking for some comment here :)

if people here think that this rep is good enough in overall (not including the movement and caseback, I personally like the closed back better than showing better replica movt), then I'm willing to spent my money for modding it rather than buying another royal oak replica.

so agree with the AR and relume :) :)

anyway, does the gen is also AR-ed?

that's why i'm asking for some comment here :)

if people here think that this rep is good enough in overall (not including the movement and caseback, I personally like the closed back better than showing better replica movt), then I'm willing to spent my money for modding it rather than buying another royal oak replica.

so agree with the AR and relume :) :)

anyway, does the gen is also AR-ed?

The Gen is not AR'd. We do this to simulate the optical quality of the Gen glass. It is very clear.

Check the lume for yourself, perhaps on a watch with such little area to lume is not that good of an investment.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

The Gen is not AR'd. We do this to simulate the optical quality of the Gen glass. It is very clear.

Check the lume for yourself, perhaps on a watch with such little area to lume is not that good of an investment.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

thank you before for your response, mate. i really appreciate it.

anyway. I think the lume doesn't look really bad. it is "there". so I think I'm not cinsidering any relume.

for further mod option.

about the AR, I don't have any AR specialized for watch in my country. do you think any store who sell lenses for eyeglasses can help me to get my watch AR'd?

thank you before for your response, mate. i really appreciate it.

anyway. I think the lume doesn't look really bad. it is "there". so I think I'm not cinsidering any relume.

for further mod option.

about the AR, I don't have any AR specialized for watch in my country. do you think any store who sell lenses for eyeglasses can help me to get my watch AR'd?

They can do it, whether they would want to is a completely different story though.

The difference between eyeglass AR and watch AR:

Eyeglass AR has a Green tint and is more prone to scratches and generally physically weaker. It won't last as long as specialized watch AR.

Watch AR can very from a very Deep Blue tint to light purple to an imperceptible gold tint. Lasts very long and can vary but should be good against scratches.

I say enjoy it as is because A. Gen does not have AR, B. Your crystal is almost surely mineral and C. It is going to cost at least the whole price of the watch.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

I say enjoy it as is because A. Gen does not have AR, B. Your crystal is almost surely mineral and C. It is going to cost at least the whole price of the watch.

I would say that you should do it anyway ;)

A The Gen will have a much better crystal and anyhow there is nothing wrong getting it even better. After all you want it to feel like a real luxury watch and

B Mineral crystal will be just as good with AR as Saphire, but

C UnfortunatelyBattler is right about this. But forget the price of the components and think of the total. You still have a cheap watch afterwards.

As to who to do it, I have recently had stuff back from Goin who is in Taiwan. His work was excellent and if you are not concerned about shipping to and from there, he is worth considering.