When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How To Extract Movement From Pam127

thewightstuff

started to do a canon upgrade on my pam127 today and all went smoothly until i went to lift the movement out of the rear of the case and well......it wouldnt come out.

its rotates freely but cannot be removed. tried turning a full 360 incase there was an opening/key of some sort but no joy so had to put it all together.

do these need to come out the front? surely not.

has anyone got any info

started to do a canon upgrade on my pam127 today and all went smoothly until i went to lift the movement out of the rear of the case and well......it wouldnt come out.

its rotates freely but cannot be removed. tried turning a full 360 incase there was an opening/key of some sort but no joy so had to put it all together.

do these need to come out the front? surely not.

has anyone got any info

The movement comes out of the front.

thanks for that. i didnt think i was missing anything ref getting it out the back (or my failure to do so).

anyone got any hints as to how to remove it from the front. will i need a press or does the bezel just unscrew and then the glass slips out easily?

what do you use to get a grip on the bezel itself without marking it

Use a heavy duty razor blade, like the one you scrap paint etc off a car windshield..and wedge it

underneath the bezel and twist carefully..there should be a plastic washer under also..

Be careful...