When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Franken DateJust 16200

ralphoi

Folks, appreciate some advice with my first evr build - 16200. So I have a gen jubilee dial (28mm) with Gen lumed hands (3135).

Question is, will the gen (3135) hands fit the ETA 2836-2mvt that comes with most rep DJ? Or do I need the A3135 to use the gen hands?? I also have the option of gen hands for a 3035mvt.

Also, while searching the TDs for a rep DJ to surrogate the build, there's 36 and 38mm DJs and both are classed as Mens!! Which size rep fits the 28mm dial?

Anyone has links to the correct one on andrews site or any TD's site??

http://www.trustytime.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1_12

Lastly, are the reps gen constrctuion? Will the Clark's acrylic crystal fir a rep dial or do I need to start shopping for a gen caseset!

Appreciate any feedback!

Your reference to a 36 and a 38 mm case is actualy the same case. The 36 refers to the case width without the crown, 38 is the measurement with the crown. Yes your dial will fit gen and proper aftermarket case. He is correct that the 3035 and 3135 hands will not fit the 2836. The hands offered on ebay, clark, especially, are exact copies of the gen hands, almost impossible to pick. Save your gen hands for a gen watch and buy clarks. Good luck on your build

Thx genzo, mymanmatt

@ mymanmatt, that clears it up. Thx. So will clarks lumed hands will fit the rep DJ with 2836mvt?? They cant, since they're exact copies of gen hands.

If they're exact copies of gen hands, Im better of taking your advice and getting clark's hands and an A3135mvt?

Also will Clarks acrylic xtal fit the rep DJ? Or I'll need a "proper aftermarket case". Assuming aftrmrktcase means a normal TD rep case.

You need to buy the Clark hands for your movement, not the gen movement. As an alternative, you can also buy gen Tudor hands, as the Tudors use an ETA movement.

I don't think you can purchase the A3135 on it's own at the moment, you have to get it in a watch. From what I've been told, the A3135 will fit in the genuine 162xx series cases, but not the older 160xx cases. Not sure on fitment in a rep case.

Regardless, the newer version of the A3135 is supposed to take gen hands.

Also, ou do not buy an acrylic crystal for a 162xx DateJust. They have saphire crystals. The older 160xx series DateJusts have the acrylic crystals.

JMB builds most of his frankens using rep cases, so he's probably the best source of information.