When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Best rep of all times? And the winner is... wait for it... Noob 111 and Ploprof v2!

slask111

Best rep ever!  

139 members have voted

1. 1. What is the best rep of all times?

• Ebel 1911
    • Cartier Santos 100
    • Panerai n00b 111 (2012)
    • Breitling Steelfish v2
    • Tag link chrono
    • AP diver v3
    • Hublot v6
    • IWC 3717
    • TC Sub (2012)
    • WM9 V2
    • Panerai n00b 029
    • Panerai n00b 326
    • Panerai H-maker 390
    • Panerai 288k
    • Rolex Explorer I 36mm
    • Breitling Chrono Avenger (2004)
    • Omega SMP chrono (old model)
    • Breitling Skyland v2
    • Chopard GTXXL Chrono
    • Omega Speedmaster Date
  2. 2. What is the best rep of all times?

• Omega Ploprof V2
    • Sinn U1
    • Hublot Diver 4000m

Hi all,

Im a relative n00b here, just been into reps for the last 4 years. I read alot of the posts here and try to learn something new everyday. Even though most of my posts are total bullsh*t ;)

I would like to know what you believe is the best rep of all times. Closest to gen and best build quality is the factors to consider. Modders like TC and BK is ok, cause they mod, we buy out of the box.. It might be more dealers like this out there (concepta?). The rule is that they have the stock and mod. Not valid if you get a watch and they mod it for you. It must be out of the box, meaning you buy it and there is that, done.

Tell me what you think is the best rep of all times. Pls suggest other watches and i will add them to the poll :)

Me myself? Well im a noob, but i think that the Ebel 1911 is the best out of the box rep ever. Why?

Released in 2008 with great AR and build quality.

Only faults is that the pushers of the chrono is 1mm to big and that dw could have a bolder print.. like the ETA.

Just remember. We are talking best of all times! Not good, not super and not great. It should be best of the best!

Current leader and winner as best rep ever: N00b 111 and Ploprof v2!!!!

Thnx seangoh for the pics

IMG_20120726_193426_crop.jpg

CG_back.jpg

post-5480-1258302440.jpg

Ploprof

Thnx LHOOQ for the pic

i-pjZZ38g-X3.jpg

i-5Wwh2Lw-X3.jpg

Runner up: Ebel 1911

Thnx slask111 (me) for the truly GREAT pics. Now that is award winning pics. ;)

P3170620crop.jpg

mid.jpg

Close, but not the winner: Rolex VM9 V2.

Thnx for the pic By-Tor

small.jpg

^ my vote

Graf-fiti if you wish to purchase a WM9 V6 Lorex there is only one distributor in all of China, you need to find this store... :)

wong.jpg

WM9 V6 Lorex

april1.jpg

This is not "who has the best sub" post ;p

BK WM9 YM?

certainly one of the most convincing ... but maybe the bk aspect disqualifies it as oob

BK better then the TC release? I think that BK is ok. Its out of the box, its the dealer that mod them.

Would you say that the 29 and 326 beat the 111? I thought the 111 was the best pam out there atm. Pls give me reasons why thoose are better.

Simply due to open caseback. The rep movements are good but will never be close enough to gen to make any of those watches a "best out of box". On the wrist they are every bit as good but....

Simply due to open caseback. The rep movements are good but will never be close enough to gen to make any of those watches a "best out of box". On the wrist they are every bit as good but....

A good and valid point. I will add thoose to the poll if you agree. Also added WM9 V2 to the poll. Now i have learnt something today. Thought that the new TC sub was the best sub ;)

The Pam 288 should be on the list as well. Closed back, amazing AR and incredibly accurate.

True that. Seems that there is alot of pams on that ultimate list. I was hoping to find a rare breit from 1997 to turn up ;) I will add the 288k for sure.

I'm going to have to give my vote to two watches I've neither owned, nor planning on buying, but if we're talking about best OOTB, I think these two take the gold: Breitling SOSF and Ebel Discovery :good::drinks:

As for who has the best sub? I do ;)

Why is the SMP chrono not on this list :(

True, agreed, the original is a classic, haven't seen the new one with the raised markers etc. Also we might need the speedmaster date, the old railmaster, possibly some of the original AT 39mm and def the explorer I 36mm in the list, ....for out of the box goodness that is?. Hey slask is it possible to keep adding to that poll? There's definitely more, it's bloody hard to think when on the spot though!

Why is the SMP chrono not on this list :(

Should it? Did not even think it's was an contender at top 10 ;-) pls inform us why it should be there :-)

Agree to the rest, i had the same thoughts. What watches were /are the best of all times.. Gets you thinking..

Anyway pls place your bids.. And motivate why :-)

Skickat från min GT-I9100 via Tapatalk 2

True, agreed, the original is a classic, haven't seen the new one with the raised markers etc. Also we might need the speedmaster date, the old railmaster, possibly some of the original AT 39mm and def the explorer I 36mm in the list, ....for out of the box goodness that is?. Hey slask is it possible to keep adding to that poll? There's definitely more, it's bloody hard to think when on the spot though!

I might have missed the omegas and ex1. Ofcourse we can expand the poll if its justified. Just think real hard before suggesting the best rep of all times. ;-)

Agree on the ex1 36mm though. Its added to the poll when i wake up. Sleepy time in. Se atm..

Skickat från min GT-I9100 via Tapatalk 2

True that. Seems that there is alot of pams on that ultimate list. I was hoping to find a rare breit from 1997 to turn up ;) I will add the 288k for sure.

Excellent point on the Breits. The original Chrono Avenger back in 2004 or so was world class out of the box. And the Skyland and Chronomat Evo were awesome as well.

Excellent point on the Breits. The original Chrono Avenger back in 2004 or so was world class out of the box. And the Skyland and Chronomat Evo were awesome as well.

Superocean Heritage 46mm, I bought the gen at a nice price... the rep was near perfect. That was back in 2009, if I remember correctly.

There was a great review on this on RG, coming to that very conclusion, too... but as the site is down atm, cannot check back there...

Now we are getting somewhere :-) this was way before my time, pls let us know more about theese watches :-) how would the ar and attention to detail compare to todays watches? Can a 2004 breit beat a 2012 h or n maker? Remember. We are talking all time best here. Skickat från min GT-I9100 via Tapatalk 2