When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Best aftermarket 6263 daytona case?

janeto72

Hi everyone.....if money was not an issue and you wanted to purchase the "best of the best" aftermarket Vintage rolex daytona 6263 V72 stainless steel case, which would you go with?

There are some criteria it needs to meet.

1.) Must accept gen bezel,pushers,crown/crown tube and crystal

2.) Must accept gen 571 endlinks

3.) Must accept gen caseback

4.) Must look very close to gen case

thanks in advance!

Phong's is very good, but only makes sense when you are using A LOT of gen parts for you build, otherwise DW's is fine. I don't think you will be able to get a gen case for a reasonable price or anything near that.

Maybe someone can correct me, but I was under the impression that the Phong 6263 cases have changed over time. For example, the one that ubiquitous used in his 6265 build is much nicer than the one shown on the J.A.W. website. I had never looked at Phong's gen/rep comparison photos before, and I would argue that the rep case pictured is visually inferior, overall, to DW's 6263.

As for the Yuki and NDT 6263s, I don't think anyone has ever made a detailed examination of either case.

Maybe someone can correct me, but I was under the impression that the Phong 6263 cases have changed over time. For example, the one that ubiquitous used in his 6265 build is much nicer than the one shown on the J.A.W. website. I had never looked at Phong's gen/rep comparison photos before, and I would argue that the rep case pictured is visually inferior, overall, to DW's 6263.

As for the Yuki and NDT 6263s, I don't think anyone has ever made a detailed examination of either case.

I have ordered my case like 6 months ago... And I found the quality pretty convincing, compared to Taiwan case I have, DW case, and photos of original case.

Do you want some photos to see it better ?

R.

I have ordered my case like 6 months ago... And I found the quality pretty convincing, compared to Taiwan case I have, DW case, and photos of original case.

Do you want some photos to see it better ?

R.

Yes..if you have pics i would love to see them!

Okay mates :-)

I will do some photo comparison very soon between DW case, Taiwan case, and Phong case

But trust me - the quality of Phong's job is awesome (and I don't have any actions in his business, lol) :)

Cheers !

I will do some photo comparison very soon between DW case, Taiwan case, and Phong case

But trust me - the quality of Phong's job is awesome (and I don't have any actions in his business, lol) :)

Cheers !

Thanks Valty, just what I was looking for (....to make me feel better about the Phong prices...)

Cheers !

Let's go here mates :)

• 1 year later...