When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

AP Panda VS RubberClad

dry87

They are both equally well made.

The Panda I believe comes on the very good SS bracelet, the Rubberclad has the rubber bezel on a rubber strap.

Your preference really.

If I were in the market for a ROO I'd have the Rose Gold Rubberclad. Absolutely stunning watch in the flesh.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

Whichever one you buy make sure it has the better date placement away from the inner tachy ring and if possible the ar'ed cyclops and better datewheel. I am not sure which models have been updated but someone else can pipe in.

554e714a.jpg

Is this original? Date look perfect. Do u have modification on the date? Where do u buy this one?

Edited by dry87

I believe that was a gen.

I thought that was looking a little too good. :)

You will have to take a look at the specific model you want to buy and focus in the spacing between the date window and the inner tachy ring. You want to get as close to one full bar of "tapisserie" as possible in between.

I thought that was looking a little too good. :)

You will have to take a look at the specific model you want to buy and focus in the spacing between the date window and the inner tachy ring. You want to get as close to one full bar of "tapisserie" as possible in between.

is there rep that have space between date window and inner tachy ring almost one bar? as far as i know they touch the inner ring

this is the watch that i want to buy

8cde1071.jpg

ec59f14d.jpg

All the dealers sell the same models (other than a one-off like the Montauk Highway). They come from the same factory. Just look at your favorite dealer's seconds at 12 section and you will see the difference. I looked quickly yesterday and there is a limited edition which has a white dial with blue accents and pushers and that is a good example of the better date placement.

All the dealers sell the same models (other than a one-off like the Montauk Highway). They come from the same factory. Just look at your favorite dealer's seconds at 12 section and you will see the difference. I looked quickly yesterday and there is a limited edition which has a white dial with blue accents and pushers and that is a good example of the better date placement.

so u mean all is the same factory so all have same gap date placement? which mode that have better date placement do mean navy the white and blue accent?

if i buy in puretime, which model has better reps? i look at the website all the same gap date placement

Edited by dry87

where i can get rep that have better date placement away from the inner tacky ring?

You can have a better placement (centralise within the date placement), but unlikely having the whole date placement away from the inner tacky ring because of the A7750 movement.

Only way would be to go franken, getting a gen dial with movement change but the price would goes way up as well...

• Like 1

Look closely and you will see that all the date placements are not visually the same. You are correct that you can't move the location of the date on the dial but some of the newer models use a steeper inner tachy ring so that it overlaps the outside of the dial less. Optically it makes the date look like it is positioned better. Think of it as an optical illusion.

Standard Rep Date Placement:

http://www.trustytime.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=241_243&products_id=8886

Better:

http://www.trustytime.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=241_243&products_id=3906

Optical illusion is correct.. Also depends on what angle you are viewing the dial from.. On the wrist glancing at it from an angle, it looks like the gen date window placement.. However, dead on it's up against the tach ring.

I believe the only pieces with the date window away from tach is the MBW ROO's.. But those have so many flaws from what i've seen.. Check out the safari mbw for sale in the FS section, you'll see what I mean..

I have a AP ROO Rubberclad that you said you wanted for sale.. Wore it just a few times, let me know if you'd like it