When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Strap quick release button on my 359 popped out!

Smab

Good evening guys. F**k it, please do not answer me "you will find your answers on the forum, try the search button" - It will not work, I have search this and all forums, used the words "strap release button", "PAM quick strap release button" etc. etc. and the answers will not come.

So, please, share your knowledge, pleeeeaaase :)

Hi there FxrAndy! I still have the button, or rather it contains of a three-piece assembly. There is a small spring, and the top of the button (visible), kind of a small ring with a smaller bead locked inside, and then there is a bottom ring. All those came loose when I tried to put it back in the hole where the spring and the rest of the cr*p was before. I found some pictures on Paneristi forum:

http://www.network54.com/Forum/353391/thread/1313931714/1314080204/Has+anyone+had+problems+with+the+quick+change+system+parts-

But, of cource, those answers qualify for a GEN assembly, and not necessarly for the REP assembly. Put the bits and pieces looks like the one in the link above.

Is it possible to glue the outside ring into the rim of the hole, avoiding getting glue on the inner moveable parts and spring? Or do I need a new assembly? The darnest thing is, I am not able to use the watch, as long as I have this issue. It becomes totally useless, other than as a pocket watch:-)

After you put the spring back on the push pin you can use purple loctite around the edge of the module and put it back in the hole. If the complete module has come apart I think you new a new complete module and use the loctite to secure it. This happened to a V1 312 I had. Had no problems with it afterwards.

If you take some pictures of the parts and the hole in the case, someone might be able to figure it out. I'd really like to take a look myself

Hi there prb. It looks like the pictures from Paneristi forum: http://www.network54.com/Forum/353391/thread/1313931714/1314080204/Has+anyone+had+problems+with+the+quick+change+system+parts

Only in my case, there is also a spring.

You can get heavy duty springbars that are designed for Panerais either from panatime or ebay. I prefer these to the quick release button, because that is fiddly and the build quality on most reps isn't up to it. Springbars are simple tried and trusted technology. They are very cheap, so it doesn't matter if you loose them, and you can't see the difference once they are in place.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys. For you who experience the same thing - I managed to fix it with a little superglue and some hefty handwork.

The small button is made up of three parts, as well as the small spring. Everything came apart, but I managed to glue the button parts back togheter, then pushed it back into the hole, after putting the spring back in first. Then it kind of just stayed in place, but I put some very tiny droplets of superglue in the joint between the outer rim of the button assembly and the rim of the hole. So hope it stays in place for the future. The button feels a little jerky now, but it works. Also ordered some replacement springbars from Panatime, just in case. Who knows when the other button decides to pop out?!? Then, I fitted my new GEN Python Vintage Panatime strap. The combo is great. Pictures will be posted in another topic later. Happy weekend!