When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

"Classic" simple blk bez divers watches ?

Lunchtime

Thanks for the suggestion! Worried that the plexi would be hard to get WR though. Also would prefer a vintagized in that case (not a modder myself).

Also just realized gen Orises aren't that expensive, which would defeat the purpose of getting a rep of it. Any other understated diver watch brands like that?

Tag Aquaracer 500M, Breitling SuperOcean Heritage, Cartier Pasha SeaTimer, Vacheron Constantin OverSeas (white dial, non-chrono)

Some of these do not fit into your size wish list BUT they are all great pieces.

Honestly ... why not go for the newest Rolex Ceramic Sub for her? Shiny ceramic bezel, polished midlink bracelet ... get it in Blue! Women can rock Submariners. Ask Sharon Stone ;)

I do not know or trust the seller in this photo .. I only use this photo to demonstrate my point to you.

21429_Rolex.jpg

Thanks for suggestions! Will look into them (don't think Seiko will do though;))

It's just that (vacation bought) Rolex reps are such common watches up here, and would like a rep brand that doesn't first and foremost make someone ask if it's a rep.

Also really WR would be great (which I by chance read the Oris rep is actually (gaskets all over)).

The seiko is a true diving watch. The 7002 will do great, specially being bigger and looks great on my wife's wrist. It's a gen and all divers that see it know it means business. You can always get a mini fiddy or any 44mm Pam also.

That's a good looking watch, but not the "classic" look we're after now (I reserve the right to change my mind though;).

As for my thoughts on plexi and WR, that was certainly not based on experience. Maybe just afraid to get cracks in it as opposed to glass/sapphire. Am planning on using it everyday. But hey, sell me one and I'll try:)

plexi is much less likely to crack than glass or sapphire.

I think he must have read about New-Old-Stock Gen crystals on the Forums, and is confused. Those 40 year old NOS plexis are questionable, yes ... not new plexis