When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Audemars Piguet Diver V3 Review with Gen-Rep Pics

Because non hacking movements are stupid. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

A hacking movement helps us to set time accurately, yes. I wouldnt exactly use the word "stupid" for non-hack movements lol. Saw your post and was surprised into laughing.

Why is it so important to modify it to hack? I'm sure not many people will be unscrewing the crown and changing the time and those that do will most likely be close enough friends to know it's a rep.

Its not for friends to see.. its for us to be able to stop the watch completely and set the time accurately. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Ok I understand it allows us to be more accurate when setting the time but I have no idea why someone would want to go to lengths to obtain this small advantage. The extra expense, hassle and time is hard to justify to be able to obtain a few more seconds of accuracy :)

Ok I understand it allows us to be more accurate when setting the time but I have no idea why someone would want to go to lengths to obtain this small advantage. The extra expense, hassle and time is hard to justify to be able to obtain a few more seconds of accuracy :)

I agree, but hanging around here for a while, I've seen some pretty anal mods.

• 1 month later...

Awesome review! Considering to buy one but what holds me back is that I'm not sure if it's waterproof and the reliability of the movement?

Can you swim (no diving) with the watch? If not, is it possible to make is waterproof to make it suitable for swimming?

And is it possible to do sports with this AP rep, like sailing, tennis and swimming?

Damn rep gives me so much possibility's in buying a watch which weren't possible with a gen...

Can't choose... Patek Nautilus Jumbo (but don't like the open caseback), PAM005 or this AP.

What scares me too is that it looks really big and I'm not sure how it will look like on my small wrist.

• 2 weeks later...

If you're able to log on to replica-watch.info you should take a look at this, it's a mod of the V2 but it's great: http://www.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/jerezblack-heres-your-89487.html

he has a facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/Goin.Workshop

V3 mods: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.343822522372942.85991.122906881131175&type=1

Then I must have made a mistake

Its all good :good: , thanks lots for your help. And your review, is really helpful. Just one question left.

@12secs Roos have a problem where the hands meet, as there is a distance between that and the dial, its an obvious give away that its a rep. What about the Diver V3? Does it suffer the same problem?

(Stated in this thread for reference: http://www.rwg.cc/topic/139550-safari-arrived-today-my-authentic-vs-replica-pictures/) Sorry if this is illegal. hehe

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Thankyou so much for ur review.. it helps. Especialy for newbie like myself. ☺ can anyone tell me where can i get this beautiful ap? Im from indonesia

This thread (and rep model) is more than 2 years old.. if you are interested in the ROO Diver, the V6/V7 is the one you want. 

Some improvements made of course, but we are talking about improvement from a 90% accuracy in the V3 to maybe a 95% in the V6/V7. Just my opinion of course.

On the wrist in the wild, the perceived accuracy versus gen is probably higher, even if the guy was wearing a V3.

Remember that most of the differences highlighted are spotted upon scrutiny, not casual inspection.

Unless of course you are like my friend and fellow member Folex who dedicated 78% of his free time studying and dissecting ROO diver reps. :lol: 

This thread (and rep model) is more than 2 years old.. if you are interested in the ROO Diver, the V6/V7 is the one you want. 

Some improvements made of course, but we are talking about improvement from a 90% accuracy in the V3 to maybe a 95% in the V6/V7. Just my opinion of course.

On the wrist in the wild, the perceived accuracy versus gen is probably higher, even if the guy was wearing a V3.

Remember that most of the differences highlighted are spotted upon scrutiny, not casual inspection.

Unless of course you are like my friend and fellow member Folex who dedicated 78% of his free time studying and dissecting ROO diver reps. :lol:

While i am studying ROO diver reps, someone else that i know off simply buys the gen and the rep to just compare it side to side. Then he goes off and mods it to see what the limits are, but always ends up selling it for a bargain for the members here. A remarkably generous fellow that guy. Don't you think Mr.A?

On a related topic, I think the new divers has made vast improvements in their Lume, and you're probably right. a 90%-->95%, a huge improvement in my books, but still definitely not gen-like. :D