When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Anyone heard of discountwatchesshop.com?

RistiJack

Just purchased this from them without checking them out. Anyone heard of them and furthermore, anyone seen one of these reps in person?

http://www.discountswatchesshop.com/panerai-special-edition-2010-lo-scienziato-radiomir-tourbillon-gmt-mens-wristwatch-model-pam00348-p-1814.html

Edited by Smartin74

Unless this is a shill post I have no idea why you would buy from a place that is not a TD especially since they are using a gen photo from a known watch reseller (gemnation). Good luck getting anything and more luck getting anything that resemble a >200,000 USD PAM.

Edited by m3amg

I have no idea what a shill post is. Was more or less wanting to know if they were heard of. And as far as a TD, names change so much I never know whose who. If I get anything in, I'll post it. Site looked legit and it was only a couple hundred dollars. Not like I'm gonna miss it. If anyone knows if this model has been repped, please reply.

Sites which use photos of genuine watches are lying to you from the first minute you go to their web site.

Why would anyone trust them at all?

The dozen or so trusted dealers do not change their names. I dont know what you are talking about, when you say that.

I have no idea what a shill post is.

A shill post is one made by someone from a commercial site masquerading as a customer to boost their sales. Were someone from discountswatchesshop.com to create an account on here, then post saying something to the effect of "has anyone heard of these guys?", and then a few days later post saying "I just got my watch and it is great!" - that would be a shill. I'm not suggesting that you are shilling, but if you do get your watch and, in a few days time, post saying "it's great" then you might expect some skepticism on here! Sadly, that site does have all of the signs of being a scam site - pictures of gens, and offering a cut-price rep of a watch that no other dealer has.

I'm definitely not shilling. And everyone is new at one time or another on every forum. I am a member on RG and found this forum not to long ago. Spend most of my time on RG, but it's down on my Tapatalk. So I've asked here. Like I said, if I got screwed, oh well. If I get something in, I'll post it. Sorry to raise eyebrows with a question here. Was never my intent.

Sent from...... Where the fvck am I?

Hopefully you get what you ordered. But in the future, the trusted dealers on this site are the way to go. They are trusted dealers for a reson...they have been around for years and can definately be trusted. As much as anyone in this industry can be trusted anyway.

Hopefully you get what you ordered. But in the future, the trusted dealers on this site are the way to go. They are trusted dealers for a reson...they have been around for years and can definately be trusted. As much as anyone in this industry can be trusted anyway.

Package shows released from customs. I will look up the TD's here for my next purchase for sure.

Sent from...... Where the fvck am I?

Who knows? Maybe one day this site could work it's way up to being a TD. Have to start somewhere, right?

How does one become a TD anyway? Word of mouth?

Edit: just looked at some watch pictures and they are indeed genuine with genuine descriptions. pretty suspect.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Edited by Guest

The admin team vets you, then you are listed with the warning banner "new dealer on probation" then if everything goes well you become a trusted dealer.

Pro-Watch Polo and Watch International were the last dealers added, about two years ago.

I think it's important to also uphold the standards set by the community as well ... No lies on the web site, etc.

The admin team vets you, then you are listed with the warning banner "new dealer on probation" then if everything goes well you become a trusted dealer.

Pro-Watch Polo and Watch International were the last dealers added, about two years ago.

I think it's important to also uphold the standards set by the community as well ... No lies on the web site, etc.

Thanks but how does one get on the admin's radar? Do they lobby themselves or is it the buyers that urge it?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk