When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Chronograph

Thor

Page 1:

Chronograph, also refered to as stopwatch

http://www.xs4all.nl/~rkeulen/watch/chronos.html

I have noticed (as most of you surely have) that some extremely good looking reps do not have a working "stopwatch" function and the large central seconds hand sweeps continously ^_^

How do you feel about this? Is it enough that a rep looks good and its perfectly OK with the large sweeping hands or is there no point if having such a watch if the central seconds is not used only for the "stopwatch"function :)

Happy Voting

gran ^_^

I would prefer a working quartz version over a non correctly working automatic.

For me it must work even if I don't use it, so I would prefer a working Chronograph.

JM

Gran, I've heard of telling someone to "go to hell" but never "go to Nome"!!!

Maybe a new t-shirt is needed here: "When I die I'm going to Heaven because I've already been to Nome" :lol:

Did Robert Sørlie get home safely?

Yes! the great Norwegian viking was celebrated greatly and with strong spirits on his return (to his suprise) :)

Regards from Ultima Thule

gran :lol:

I prefer a quartz engine for a chrono, FWIK it's just too much trouble to keep a fully mechanical chrono going.

Flame away, I said it and I stand by it fellow WIS.

I like you KenMc :) you stand by your words ^_^ and you know how i feel about quartz but in this case I think "quartz" is far better than som silly central seconds hand on an otherwise great looking rep "chrono" B)

Regards

gran -_-

I never understood people buying reps of chronographs with non-working subdials or subdials showing day/date/month.

I would not buy any compliucation that did not function correctly. Better to have an inexpensive vintage genuine than a non working rep'.

I am wondering why only two persons has put their vote in the no categories?

There must be more people (higher percentage) on RWG who feels that that the stopwatch function on a Chronograph rep is "NOT IMPORTANT! as long as the rep looks nice!" -_-

regards

gran :)

I'd rather it work, even if it's quartz.

How is the vote going:

50 out of 3610 registred members have voted + the two (2) that refused to vote :lol:

I am still wondering if some RWG mebers are to shy to vote or just do not visit this section of the RWG very often -_-

Anyhow! It looks like the individuals who think a CHRONOGRAPHE rep should have a functional stop watch function are in a solid majority on the board :)

Regards

gran ^_^

Its gotta work!

I brought this POLL up again because of this thread:

Paperweights? Or are they any good?

g. ^_^

I cannot see the point of buying a chrono if they don't work!

What is even worse is when day/date sub-dials are used instead of a timing function.

Although I've little knowledge of movements, I read all the time of problems with the 7760 (?) movement, be it Asian or Swiss. With that in mind, if you actually plan to use the chronos regularly on a rep, a quarz movement would seem a wise choice.

Page 2:

88votes so far. Looks like the vast majority of RWG voters wants Working Chronograps not the day date kinda thing =Faux=asian chrono ^_^

over 9o votes!!!! and counting :)

g. ^_^

The complications must work! So far, I have not purchased a rep chronograph simply because they either don’t work, are unreliable, or the cost is so high, for a few more bucks, I can get a working Omega (which I did).

By the way, on my genuine watches, I always let the chronograph run. I usually start it the chronograph so its second hand is 30 seconds behind the subdial second hand. To me, it’s just aesthetically pleasing that way.

I still vote "GO TO NOME"

And when you get here, the ØL MED AKVITT is on me! :drunk:

Day-date chronos are the most dumbest things in repworld. The idea of reps is to fool people. So let's make "reps" that broadcast their fakeness on the dial? Plus, lots of these watches have utterly uselss functions like a 60 minute subdial tracking the minute hand or something. Why bother? I'd be great if the chronos work, but have passed on more than 20 reps I would have bought if the dials were accurately marked--even if the stopwatch hands were frozen.

I wish they could do a automatic/quartz combo. The main time uses automatic movement, while the stopwatch function uses quartz.

yes and no

@Thomasng

Didn't IWC do one of those? Or was in Sinn? There was a quartz motor in there and a mechanical motor too.

frederick piguet mecaquartz

omega 1270 Breitling B55 B69

here is a link

http://www.qahill.com/tz/mq/mq.html

All complications must work in my opinion. That is why I'm cautious about buying any rep with more than a date complication! Although there are many on my list.

:thumbsupsmileyanim: Nice info guys :thumbsupsmileyanim:

BTW what has happened to the Mecaquartz watches? did they just die out?

456-7993.jpg

456-7994.jpg

g. :happy:

working chrono please!

regards,

Vladimir

i agree with you on that one!

I once bought a non-returning boomerang.

btw, it's brown with blue stripes, if you have seen it, PM me.

thanks

My first ever rep was an Omega with non working chrono :thumbsdownsmileyanim: Swiftly replaced by the Venus manual Speedmaster Moonwatch after finding this forum :thumbsupsmileyanim:

The old 'un is now relegated to gym duty.

• 7 months later...