When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Can you spot the oddity on this watch?

Jkay

So I had this watch worked on by our resident modder, Vaccum ... if you read my post in the Tag area, don't spoil it for people who might want to guess ... can you see what's changed? I think the watch is better for it.

post-22602-0-65837900-1337925704_thumb.j

post-22602-0-92703400-1337925706_thumb.j

post-22602-0-02083000-1337925709_thumb.j

DING DING DING!! The cyclops is placed over a busy part of the dial, and makes the watch look cluttered! I saw that some Gen owners had shaved their cyclops off, so when I sent this piece to Vaccum for AR, Lume, and pressure testing, I had him lose the cyclops permanently.

Doesn't it look so much better without?

As for how close it is to the Gen? SCARY. You can even get it with the SW200 movement .. the same one Tag uses in this watch! No tells through the clear case back.

I know someone is going to ask about the pressure test on Vaccum's 10ATM machine; it passed to 5ATM out of the box.

:)

So what were the results of that 10 ATM test?

Vac did not mention which part of the watch leaked over 5ATM .. I have the question in his email but he is a very busy modder. If he replies, I will relay the information to the forum.

Ok Vac just replied, and was able to get the watch to pass at 7ATM after he reinstalled the AR'd crystal.

He did not say where the issue of bubbles was appearing. I won't bother him again with the question but I'll post this all to his Forum area (Vac's Watch Garage) and if he has time I'm sure he'll respond there.

Now, with Trevor's offering; you can get one that has the correct tracking/kerning of the type in 500M and the correct logo (less toy-ish / cheap looking with sharp arrows)!!

I'll probably get this in the SW movement later on when I have more money.

Other problem with this rep was that the hour markers were not centered... on the new one from Trevor it is aligned!

Edited by ratpatrolteam01

Unfortunately Trevor (and some other dealers) does not update his area here as often as he does on other forums.

He hasn't bothered to update his area in over a month. So where is this new offering? How about a link?