When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

5th Annual EU GTG (non EU members also welcome) 2012-07-28

modelizer

Sounds like a blast. I know you boys in the EU always do a bang up job. Per usual I will know about a week in advance whether I can go but hope springs eternal. :)

Hey W. would be cool to finally meet you outside "the city" :)

Heeelll Yeeeaahh! Da Geek is in! This is going to be fun :-))

I am sure it will and I look forward to see you again !

Nice to see my pics from 2010 again....have a ball guys

Well, you are not going to run away from this one, are you?

We need you, and not only for the pics :partytime:

Hey buddies from the 2008, 2009 and 2010 GTGs, where are yoooouuuuuu?

• Like 1

So, you know what is going to happen now: lots of watches, but most important, the opportunity to meet in the flesh :whistling:

And that is what I personaly love with these GTGs !

Stephane

Watches come and go but friends are for life!

Any interest in me asking some of the guys I know (and have met at GTG's) over on the other RWG and RWI if they'll be interested? Only known and established members of course. Let me know :)

Check who you would like to invite with Modelizer as he is running this one, he may ask for a bit of personel info just to be sure of who people are.

• Like 1

Sorry for the late OP response in this thread, but here we go:

i will price flights etc and try make this

Sounds like a plan. Check it and let me know! Never met a hedgehog owner IRL before! :)

I doubt circumstances will allow me to make it, but I hope everyone has a great time :good::drinks:

Thanks mate! Let us know if the circumstances changes.. Would be great if it did! :)

Sounds like a blast!

It will be a blast, so finish up that house project and get your hiney over here B! ;)

Guys, can I join if I'll be able to postpone my flight?

Would love to meet you mr pope! Let me know! ;)

I'm in baby!!!

Yeah baby, yeah!! :tu:

Damn, I'd like to come to a similar event but I have not a penny nor a job... :unknw: but wishes for the 5th EU GTG all the best ones! :prop:

Sorry to hear that M.. Let us know if your situation changes for the better (which we all hope)! :good:

no - I'm in back luck with the last GTGs ;( this is exactly the weekend we are moving to our new house ....

Ouch! That's a terrible choice of date to move into the new house F.. I'm 100% with Stephane on this one.. Postpone it! :D

Damn that's in the middle of the vacation that i have with my son.

Would be nice to see you again B so why not bring your son and spend a few days here? Carpe diem! :tu:

That looks like alot of fun. Me and the missis might be going from Stockholm to Berlin by car that weekend. We will rest in simrishamn not far from Malmö that weekend. I will se what i can do. Would be great to meet the members in real life :)

Ahhh, what a perfect timing! Now you will have no excuse for a no show! :)

Sounds like an amazing trip! Best of times for all of you! Wish I could be there too! ;)

Come on S.. You can do it! ;)

Sounds like a blast. I know you boys in the EU always do a bang up job. Per usual I will know about a week in advance whether I can go but hope springs eternal. :)

Will keep my fingers and toes crossed that you can make it W! Let us know! :)

Heeelll Yeeeaahh! Da Geek is in! This is going to be fun :-))

Errr, of course you are in.. You will be the co-host you GEEEEEEEEEK! :lol:

Nice to see my pics from 2010 again....have a ball guys

Come on buddy.. Don't be like that.. Get over here! ;)

Any interest in me asking some of the guys I know (and have met at GTG's) over on the other RWG and RWI if they'll be interested? Only known and established members of course. Let me know :)

Well, I'm all up for meeting new peeps! As long as they are stand up lads who won't mind the serious knitting that will take place.. :lol:

PM me some brief info about the chaps! Just want to make sure I don't invite any undercover Rollie lawyers or face eating zombie attackers into my little nest.. ;)

Only way I could justify the expense is if there was some way I could make a work trip out of it. Know of any post production studios or music studios in need of some technical skills ;)

As a matter of fact I do know a lot of post houses in my neck of the woods. But unfortunately most of them will be closed from mid July to mid August as there will not be much happening in the industry here in that period.. Hmm, but shoot me a PM about it and I'll check if anyone's got a project with a tight deadline in need of some class A sound shizzle! ;)

OK, everyone. Here's a small update on the subject..

Who's in/ confirmed so far:

Stephane

FxrAndy (+ better half)

'The other Andy' - a personal friend of mine (who also happen to like drinks and horology, albeit not being a member on this forum - yet..)

solkryssare

bionic tim

modelizer

Maybe/ hopefully:

archierocks

Adeodatus

redwatch (if I can hook him up with a job for a couple of days)

vlydog (if he can get the house ready before the 28th)

I will ask a friend of mine (a great chef) to organize a 3 course menu for us at his restaurant. His challenge will be to prepare some nice local cuisine in the 35€ price range and about another 12€ supplement for those of us wish to add a half bottle of wine and a half bottle of water. Will keep everyone in the loop and update my first post when I have more info regarding the menu for the evening.

• Like 1

Sounds like a great plan A.

I would have loved to have a good chef around when we did these Brussels GTG :(

35+12 is also a very reasonable budget.

Let me tell you this: I'm very happy that we have all decided to have you as host of the 5th :clap2:

Come on guys, don't be shy and join us B)

Sounds like a great plan A.

I would have loved to have a good chef around when we did these Brussels GTG :(

35+12 is also a very reasonable budget.

Let me tell you this: I'm very happy that we have all decided to have you as host of the 5th :clap2:

Come on guys, don't be shy and join us B)

Thanks for the kind words my friend. I want you to know that am really looking forward to have you guys! Will do everything (well, almost) in my power to make sure everyone will have a great time (hard to fail with that list of confirmed attendants really).. ;)

About the menu budget, I must say that €35 (+12) can be quite a challange here for a 3 course menu if you want some quality. There are cheaper alternatives of course but then it will not be local cuisine and I want you to have a nice experience! :)

@All: Like Stephane says: don't be shy - you will not regret it! Unless you really need to hang on to those brain cells.. :lol:

Looking forward to it, i think i will make a few day/ lond week end out of it and drive up, and may be can offer a seat in the car to a Member who can get to me but they will have to stay the course!

Thanks mate! Let us know if the circumstances changes.. Would be great if it did! :)

At the moment, I'm being messed around by some waste of space clients who seem to think they don't need to pay me, but, if they get their shit together ( :rofl: ) then the planned work should cover the expences of the trip :whistling: Probably safer to say I won't be able to make it :pardon: I know it'll be a good one though :good::drinks:

I wish Europe is an hr drive a way from the US then I would never miss any of yours GTG.

Enjoy and take lots of pictures so others can see.

Thanks D - you will be missed! Might be doable though if any of our TD's can source a 1:1 rep (with a working flux capacitor) of this one? :)

870907-delorean_super.jpg

At the moment, I'm being messed around by some waste of space clients who seem to think they don't need to pay me, but, if they get their shit together ( :rofl: ) then the planned work should cover the expences of the trip :whistling: Probably safer to say I won't be able to make it :pardon: I know it'll be a good one though :good::drinks:

Keeping our fingers crossed that those waste of space clients of yours steps up and does the right thing! :good:

Keeping our fingers crossed that those waste of space clients of yours steps up and does the right thing! :good:

It may be wishful thinking that they'll step up and pay, but, I'm equally hopeful for more work from a more reliable existing client, so it's not out of the realms of possibility :D Just needs things to fall into place properly, but I'm not giving up hope :good::drinks:

It may be wishful thinking that they'll step up and pay, but, I'm equally hopeful for more work from a more reliable existing client, so it's not out of the realms of possibility :D Just needs things to fall into place properly, but I'm not giving up hope :good::drinks:

Sounds great. Keeping a slot open for you mate just in case.. :)

This is shaping up to be a GTG not to be missed!

It is indeed! I wouldn't miss it for the world! ;)

Looks great! Sweden is very easy to reach from all out of Europe, great location! Unfortunately I am in Singapore that time... Would have loved to join you guys.

Sorry to hear that E. You will be missed! :drinks:

Discussed to posibility of going to Malmo with my 10 year old son. He was willing to go if i really didn't want to miss it ( incrediable how kind he is for his dad ) but he wasn't enthousiastic so i have to pass for this gtg. I will do my utmost to be present at the next one.

Carpe Diem

Cats

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk