When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pam 326 Daylight Movement swap

senator

It's obvious that compete top plate, including date change components was taken from A7753, otherwise there would be no way to get A7753 DW into ETA 7753. Due to small differences in construction I would guess that few gears also had to be taken from A7753.So this is more like "Swasian" 7753, than ETA :)

Not really worth it in my opinion, but to each his own. Congrats to proud owner, really beautiful watch !

regards

It's obvious that compete top plate, including date change components was taken from A7753, otherwise there would be no way to get A7753 DW into ETA 7753. Due to small differences in construction I would guess that few gears also had to be taken from A7753.So this is more like "Swasian" 7753, than ETA :)

Not really worth it in my opinion, but to each his own. Congrats to proud owner, really beautiful watch !

regards

I had heard the 7753 gen movement was a direct swap and that they had further manipulated the latest A7750 so you had good enough date placement to use the rep dial with a gen movement. Being able to use the same datewheel is surprising.

No special tricks here guys, there are really only two ways to get the gen ETA7753 to work with the latest Noob 326.

One is to shorten the diametar of A7753 DW to fit the DW groove on a gen ETA7753 and another as Z3k0 mentioned is to re-use the top A7753 plate (together with its DW, unmodded) on an ETA7753.

While the dial and DW cutout on a 326 is now 1:1 per gen, in dimensions...the 326 DW isn't, so the workaround is required.

If you look at the second picture in original post, it is obviously A7753 top plate, ETA 7753 top plate looks completely different.

I had heard the 7753 gen movement was a direct swap and that they had further manipulated the latest A7750 so you had good enough date placement to use the rep dial with a gen movement. Being able to use the same datewheel is surprising.

Nothing to manipulate on the movement itself really, only thing they did was to print numbers on the DW closer to the outer edge. A7753 DW can accommodate both positions - 7750 and 7753, it is wide enough. So, if you can get blue PAM DW for 7753, you can have direct swap for ETA in 326. There is NO WAY to use A7753 DW on ETA 7753 movement - never ever, nope, nada, nicht ... inner diameter is different, no help there.

regards

I'm thinking that it's possible to turn the a7753 dw into a dwo for an eta7753 disk with some serious honing or if the a7753 dw construction permits peeling off the top layer somehow. It'll be difficult getting the alignment right but should be doable.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Ok, so we still don't know how this was done, but can open up some interesting possibilities. For example, we've never had a decent white or dark blue datewheel but if the movement parts are interchangeable - maybe we can now use the older Noobs with a 7750 date a window offset/position like the 188H & 251K (for white) and 224H (for blue) as DW/movement parts donors to transfer their DWs mechanism into white / blue dial 7750 frankens?

• 6 months later...

Well, I doubt you can use top plate from A7753 on E7750 (or any 7750 for that matter), since date change setup is completely different. But, what I can say for sure is that you can use A7753 date wheel on any 7750 movement if you can reduce OD without "destroying" printed numbers. 

I have tried to put 7750 DW on A7753 movement, and it works without any problem, and I would say DW lines up, at least for first generation A7753 PAM Daylights. Below are two pictures showing 7750 DW mounted on A7753, and 196 dial mounted on same movement. Based on this, I would say inner diameter and tooth construction and position are the same on A7753 and 7750 date wheels.

P61125200.jpg

P61125701.jpg