When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How did The Zigmeister on my lume job ?

HartDoc

This watch has been to The Zigmeister for a lume tune last year.

I wore it today and this is what I saw when I walked into my darken house

I can't quite come up with the words to describe The Zigmeister lume job. I was wondering what you guys thoughta693489a-6285-ee04.jpg

a693489a-6294-3995.jpg

a693489a-62a0-f9b3.jpg

There are those who love to give applause, and then there's me. When something is done right, I appluade. When something is done wrong, it doesn't bother me that others get ruffled becasue they haven't taken the time to learn the difference.

Fail. The bezel lume should have been applied directly to the underside of the glass, not behind it in the depths of the bezel.

baselworld-2009-omega-ploprof-re-release-5.jpg

In the dark, the lume should be more like this:

omega_seamaster_ploprof_1200_lume.jpg

Now, I understand that there will probably be comments/excuses about lighting, camera differences blah blah blah. The plain and simple truth is he made a huge mistake. Sorry.

Fail. The bezel lume should have been applied directly to the underside of the glass, not behind it in the depths of the bezel.

Now, I understand that there will probably be comments/excuses about lighting, camera differences blah blah blah. The plain and simple truth is he made a huge mistake. Sorry.

It's not the lighting or camera the pic shows exactly how it is in real life.

Thanks for the education. I really didn't know.

This was a try before I buy the gen. It turned out to be one of my favorite rep and I use it as my dive watch. I could get it relumed to correct the mistake. But, in the end of the day it's still just a rep. And it save me around $5000 since I don't see the need to get the gen anymore.

The Ploprof is an awesome watch, based on this I'm going to get another one for myself. It just bugs me when people who have a great reputation make a mistake like that. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! :D

@TB,

I sent my Ploprof V2 dial/handset/bezel glass to The Zigmeister a couple of months back, and all I got back was one helluva torch!

IMG-20111120-WA0001.jpg

IMG-20111120-WA0002.jpg

20120506_PloprofWristshot.jpg

:)

• Like 1

I paid him to lume the bezel and he said he did. I have no reason not to believe him.

It does glow like a touch. Just like any of my gen late model omegas.

Plus like I said earlier. I have three option

1) sale the rep and get a gen. Which was my original plan

2) have the bezel relumed. Shipping and waiting could be a hassle.

3) enjoy the watch as is, yes its a tell but in the end it's just a rep. Do I spend xxx amount of dollars to bring it from 95% to 97%.

Did anyone think that perhaps Zig didn't lume the bezel?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This watch has been to The Zigmeister for a lume tune last year.

I wore it today and this is what I saw when I walked into my darken house

I can't quite come up with the words to describe The Zigmeister lume job. I was wondering what you guys thoughta693489a-6285-ee04.jpg

a693489a-6294-3995.jpg

a693489a-62a0-f9b3.jpg

OK.. I have a question..... How is it that the time AFTER you walked into the darkened house is BEFORE the time when you were outside?!? Just saying, is all....

took the outdoor pictures after the indoor ones? no... that couldn't be it...

I walked into the house was impressed with the lume and picked up my Iphone and took a quick pic. Then I thought it wouldnt be right to post a lume pic without a non lume pic.

So yes, outdoor pics after the indoor pics.

Man, thats why I love this forum. You guys dont miss anything.