When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ingenieur

Guest Sql_pl

Sorry to take this off track for a quick sec... but do these watches open from the front and back,

or only the front ?

Reason why I ask is that we have had someone post a fear that their holes were out of alignment.... :p

I also have seen many pics of gens where the holes were off kilter, but it didn't seem to bother the

owners, who were displaying them with the pride of a new child.... ^_^

Almost 3 am here so it's time to go get some sleep.

Before I go I will tell you - it is a genuine Inge.

The pic is from TZ forum.

The thing is our rep is so damn close that when I first saw that pic I could not find any difference!

The datefont on 1st, 11th and 7th is IDENTICAL to the gen datefont.

Only thing left is the lenght of the hands which is actually impossible to spot unless you have them both in your hand and inspect them carefully.

We have one great rep here guys!

Inge al the way!

BTW - I was at my AD with my Inge, passed the etst without a problem, I was asking about a kevlar strap that I wanted to purchase. They didn;t have one in stock but could order one for me. The price was.... around $650 for a set of kevlar strap and iwc buckle... Not worth it me thinks.

Cheers!

BTW - I was at my AD with my Inge, passed the etst without a problem, I was asking about a kevlar strap that I wanted to purchase. They didn;t have one in stock but could order one for me. The price was.... around $650 for a set of kevlar strap and iwc buckle... Not worth it me thinks.

Go on, give it a shot, that's great value for money :Jumpy:

The hands are the big giveway on this. On the genuine, as on the picture; The minutes hand extends all the way to the minute track and the hour hand almost touch the markers.

I have to disagree that the hands issue is only visible when comparing side by side. It has kept me from buying this one... Hopefully this will be fixed in a revised version of the Ingenieur. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...

looks gen to me. i'm comparing the pic to the gen i own and it looks the same. i had the chance to compare side by side the rep Inge vs Gen recently and the dead giveaways are the date font and hands. I have seen a datewheel mod for the rep Inge, but not the hands. the lines are also a little crisper with the gen (obviously) and there is a slight weight difference. the rep bracelet is very good, but still has a slight "cheap" look to it only when compared to the gen.

• 3 weeks later...

Points to look at on and ingy

Short hands (but there are a few gen hands out there with short hands as well)

Date font (even lello date wheels are not perfect as the print is slightly raised where the gen are flat)

Date font surround on a gen the I's end and bang on the start of the tapered recess to the date.

Date window recess is deaper on the gen

Crown, the end of the crown is polished on the gen on the rep only the raised lettering is polished

The gen case back is thicker and the CO is with a capital O not Co as in the rep

12 and 6 on the dial are slightly thicker on the gen and the chapter ring printing slightly bolder

60, 15, 30 and 45 are lumed on the gen and the lume is stronger on the gen

the raised oblong links in the bracelet are taller on the gen

the clasp on the rep has pearlage gen not and the gen one is far better and does not break

the ends of the bracelet link pins are machine turned and flat but on the rep they are a bit rounded and un-finished

Gen costs 5k rep costs 300

now looking at the list above you would say "wow what a shit rep" but when you have both in your hand you would not pay the gen price when you compare it to the rep, It is such a good replication that it even feels the same as the gen!

Thgis is an extarawdenary (how ever you spell it) watch for $300 you would not this quality in the gen market for less then 1k, where whould you get ETA 2824, saphire, ar coating, wonderfull machining, great style, fantastic bracelet inthe new high street gen market? Oris? maybe, Longines? ok but this is $300!