When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Watcheden shipping

Moocowjr

Hey all... I'm new to the forums but been buying for a while. I usually deal with perfectwatchez.co (previously perfectwatches.com). They have a great selection of watches but not the dssd I was looking for. I found Watcheden through this forum and other forums as a trusted seller. So two weeks ago I decided to buy their Swiss movement ultimate version dssd. Had a couple problems with my cc but after a short call everything was set to go. A day later, the payment went through and I got my confirmation. A few days after that I received a tracking number with EMS shipping. Here's when my small problem starts...

The shipping information has not changed since 6-4-12. It has a detailed time line from when the package was accepted all the way up to "despatch from sorting center in Shenzhen". Since then....nothing. In my previous orders it usually took 2-3 days for the item to reach Los Angeles and go in to customs.

Has anybody out there had the same problem? What are the usual travel times for ems shipping from hong kong to Los Angeles? Does ems use air shipping and/or boat?

Any input would be great...

The time it takes for EMS to deliver a package to you really doesnt have anything to do with the dealer you use.

EMS is special air courier .. it is international express mail, signature delivery.

The best time I have ever seen was 5 working days to my door. Shipped on Monday and arrived on Saturday.

Customs delays can be hell tho .. EMS has no control over the Customs process, and once they held my stuff for 9 additional days in Customs. I guess it fell under a desk and it took almost 2 weeks for a janitor to sweep it out.

Once the USPS gets the package, it is treated as if it was USPS Express Overnight mail. At least that is how they are supposed to treat it.

I understand that it shouldn't matter who I bought the watch from... Does the package have to go through customs in china before it ships out? Or does it only go through customs when it arrives in the US? So far the tracking information says that the original posting is preparing the item for shipping.

Yes. I understand that the hardest part of buying a watch is waiting for the package to arrive. You're hitting the TRACK button every ten minutes, going mental.

I promise it's going to be OK tho ;)

US Customs is where it's headed. There is no Chinese Customs for outbound packages.

For more timely information you can try to go to the USPS tracking web site, and enter your EMS number there. Once USPS has possession of the package, they will scan it at every depot.

• Like 1

Well guys... I just checked the tracking and now it's inbound into customs in San francisco. Would there be any reason it landed in San Francisco instead of LAX when the package is supposed to be delivered in Los Angeles?

But anyhow I'm just glad it made it across the pacific. I should be getting it by next week. I'll keep you guys posted.