When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What watch (of yours) would/do you wear in water?

seafoam

Ok, so I just spent the weekend at a hot springs resort/pool and chose my Seiko Diver to wear in the water. I wore it all day long in the pool both hot spring and regular pool. I have some other more expensive gen watches that are WR but went with the Seiko. Just curious what watch do you dare wear in water situations? Post pix if desired. Here is mine:

P1090522_Vintage_Colors_1.jpg

jpg upload

Seiko_3.jpg

free picture hosting

The only one of my watches I don't wear in water, is my black dialled DateJust on the black leather strap. By extension of that rule, I don't like to wear watches on NATO in water, as I hate how the straps feel when wet once I'm out of the water :bangin: Other than that, my Tudor Sub, my Snowflake Sub, my 16610, my silver dialled DateJust, my Tudor Heritage, my 1655 and my quartz Sub are all watches I have no reservations about getting wet. While I can understand the rationale of checking and maintaining seals and gaskets, I do feel people who don't trust the designs of their watches (designed to be waterproof) to actually live up to the job to be somewhat overly cautious... :pardon:

PS Sounds like a fantastic weekend, I hope you had a great time :good::drinks:

My wife or I wear while swimming or showering:

Cartier Pasha Sea Timer

Breitling SuperOcean

Omega Planet Ocean 42 and 45

Rolex 1680 Submariner

Tag Aquaracer 500M

Rolex Sea Dweller Deepsea

Bell & Ross 02 PVD

Bell & Ross 01 - 94 chrono

My wife or I wear while swimming or showering:

Cartier Pasha Sea Timer

Breitling SuperOcean

Omega Planet Ocean 42 and 45

Rolex 1680 Submariner

Rolex 1665 Sea Dweller

Rolex Sea Dweller Deepsea

Bell & Ross 02 PVD

Bell & Ross 01 - 94 chrono

Have you had these water-proofed or are they out the box J?Sent from TK-421's comms using Tapatalk

Edited by Smqsub

I'll take most of mine in the water as long as they are on bracelet or a nato strap ;) but I have checked and lubed all the seals first on the reps...no worries so far!

This one's been in quite a bit ..

1-1-IMG_0684.jpg

Have you had these water-proofed or are they out the box J?Sent from TK-421's comms using Tapatalk

The Cartier came from a member in Bermuda, and had been used in water.

The DSSD had been serviced and lumed by the Zigmeister so I trusted it implicitly.

The BR 02 was serviced by The Katt so I trusted it.

The Aquaracer 500m was WR tested by Vaccum while he had it for lume and AR. 7ATM passed!

The 1680 franken was from builder/modder W0lf so I trusted that.

The Superocean was serviced by Bikemike ..

So either these pieces were built by talented modders, were serviced by a watchmaker, or came with assurances from a trusted seller.

The only one of my watches I don't wear in water, is my black dialled DateJust on the black leather strap. By extension of that rule, I don't like to wear watches on NATO in water, as I hate how the straps feel when wet once I'm out of the water :bangin: Other than that, my Tudor Sub, my Snowflake Sub, my 16610, my silver dialled DateJust, my Tudor Heritage, my 1655 and my quartz Sub are all watches I have no reservations about getting wet. While I can understand the rationale of checking and maintaining seals and gaskets, I do feel people who don't trust the designs of their watches (designed to be waterproof) to actually live up to the job to be somewhat overly cautious... :pardon:

PS Sounds like a fantastic weekend, I hope you had a great time :good::drinks:

Well said TeeJay

The Cartier came from a member in Bermuda, and had been used in water.

The DSSD had been serviced and lumed by the Zigmeister so I trusted it implicitly.

The BR 02 was serviced by The Katt so I trusted it.

The Aquaracer 500m was WR tested by Vaccum while he had it for lume and AR. 7ATM passed!

The 1680 franken was from builder/modder W0lf so I trusted that.

The Superocean was serviced by Bikemike ..

So either these pieces were built by talented modders, were serviced by a watchmaker, or came with assurances from a trusted seller.

Cool. Sending a couple of my pieces off to Wiz. Will get them WP'ed then.

Sent from TK-421's comms using Tapatalk

Lets see, I dive with my Seikos, Marathon SARS, Omega Seamaster 300s, Rolex 1680, Rolex 5513, Rolex 16800, and any rep or custom watch I build myself.

My wife thinks I have too many watches. I also think my students and residents bet on which watch I will wear.

All mine go into water. I pay for the test from Dealer and then grease and test myself as I have a tester here at home. All good down to 7atm. Just checked my wife's Cartier santos 100 and it's solid to 5atm.

But, nothing gets near a rain drop until I personally test it.

Edited by denisegold

Most of my sports watches (and by that I mean watches with steel or rubber bracelet) are waterproof to swim with.

They were not always like that as assembly is a questionable science in China ... :)

So I swim with B+R, PP, AP, Hublot, Rolex, Ebel, etc. Also Chronos, although I have yet to use the chrono under water.

Some do not let themselves be waterproof due to construction. Cartier Seatimer Pasha, Porche World Timer, VC Overseas (Arabic numerals) are examples.