When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Thinking of building SOH franken

Datlore001

depending on which version. the current is v1.5. You want the v2. I have the v2 black but i'm planning in going franken but with a blue dial. If you wanna franken do something that rep dials cannot replicate, the blue and brown gen SOH dial cannot be replicated in reps.

depending on which version. the current is v1.5. You want the v2. I have the v2 black but i'm planning in going franken but with a blue dial. If you wanna franken do something that rep dials cannot replicate, the blue and brown gen SOH dial cannot be replicated in reps.

What is wrong with the blue and brown rep SOH dials?

The v2 was one of best replicas out there, as I understand it, so I am slightly confused.

The current version is really close to gen already

but i'm not sure if a gen dial would fit or even make a big difference.

That is actually not true. V2 was the best available but good luck finding one now, unfortunately long gone. There are 2 versions out there now V1.5 and V3. The 1.5 is basically a V1 with updated dial printing. The V3 is the better one and has the correct datewheel, case, etc. However, they both share the same dial.

The gen dial will fit all versions so long as movement is 2824 or clone.

@Datlore

Just make sure you get the V3 as a base watch. If you are not sure post up pics/link of what you are looking at and we can help to ID it.

• 1 month later...

If anyone is interested, I have a V2 rep that I have had for a while but the 7 marker has come unglued. I purchased the gen in the 42mm size about a year ago and have not done anything with this spare V2 46mm rep since the 7 marker came off....Would be a great base for someone wanting to build a franken. PM if anyone is interested. Also, have a ton of Omega parts, gen dials, hands, bezels that I have decided to part with, if anyone is int...Trades preferred or open to trade for labor if someone has the time to finish a couple of franken projects.....Just dont seem to have the time lately...