When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Movement Experts - What is this movement?

redwatch

I checked it compared to the DG movements I could find pics of, but none of them had date wheels like this one does. The date wheel assembly came apart on me so I am trying to figure out how it works. ;)

Also looking for a possible replacement for it as well since I may have broken it.

Any shots of the balance wheel side?

Here you go:

1fe5aa17.jpg

Thanks everyone! So it is a DG then huh? I searched for pics but none of the DG's I found had that kind of date wheel.

Oh well, you learn something new everyday! :tu:

I have a few DGs like that. The O and W logo are a dead giveaway. I have a few "no longer complete"(read seconds pin broke off) If you'd like one for the date gears let me know.

I may take you up on that offer actually. The only other question is, do they make movement spacers for these? This was literally "glued" into the case with this nasty, hard white paste that looks like white out/liquid pen.

• Like 1

Raffles-time has them. If you buy a new movement from him, the movement often comes with a dial spacer. I have some of those spacers with the feet cutouts. With the DG movements, the retainer screws for the feet also allow you to install the dial without fully seating in the dial to the movement.

E

Raffles-time has them. If you buy a new movement from him, the movement often comes with a dial spacer. I have some of those spacers with the feet cutouts. With the DG movements, the retainer screws for the feet also allow you to install the dial without fully seating in the dial to the movement.

Good to know.... however I was referring to the movement spacer, not the dial spacer. I need something to secure the movement into the case without resorting to that nasty paste stuff that was used by the original builder. ;)

The ETA 2824 movement rings fit. Some filing for height may be required. Depending on the case I have used either the 2836 spacer or the 2824 and the diameter is all the same, the height is where the trick is. Ken has some as well and I think I have a few spares. PM me the inside diameter of the case and the dial rehaut and I see if I find something that matches.

E