When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Update Rolex Daytona 6236 Paul Newman

gpvecchi

Yesterday I ordered a Rolex Daytona 6236 Paul Newman equipped with a Sea-Gull ST19 movement.

As I made my payment, I realized that it's the "old" replica, with symmetrical chrono buttons.

Now, I would like to update it to new replica, so I would need a new asymmetrical case (with new buttons), outter ring (as mine doesn't seems perfectly cloned) and a new properly shaped glass.

Where can I find it?

Thank you!

Well, you might look around some more on timeshops- I thought he had this latest group of ST-19 Daytonas with correct pushers.

Josh is another dealer

http://www.1-pc8838....us-p-10080.html

Thank, but I have been misunderstood... I already bought an ST-19 Daytona from timeshops, but he has only "old" symmetrical pushers. I would like to buy a new case, glass and outter ring.

I.E. I would buy a DW case: where to find it?

I don't think the st-19 will even fit into a dw case. You need to contact josh at pc and ask him if he can send you just a case set - the movement hands and dial, and hope that the crown you have will be compatable with his tube. The dealers can get these things not dw, his stuff is a7750 based and sometimes v72. Hope that helps a bit.

The st-19 is NOT a fit into a DW case. I tried it even with a DW dial. As CC3 stated, it may just be easier to sell the watch as a catch / release type thing and order one of the vintage units from Josh. There are a few 6238 units that look damn good for the money.

E

Well, I got the same watch Josh sells, but with older symmetrical case. I tried asking him a new case, but he doesn't sell it. Getting a new watch from him, will cost me 268$+70$ shipping, as I live in Italy and I need transhipping to UK to avoid Italian customs. I hoped to find just the case... :(

Right, but it's not easy to sell a 250$ fake Rolex... People like to pay 50$ for a fake...

That;s why we have a sales forum here! It's not like you are selling it on the street. I believe you are going to have a long frustrating look for just a case. most of the dealers, either don't have access to or don't want to fool with parts. DW, Yuki NDT and phong all the sell cases and parts, but they are pricy, and there still isn't any guarantee that your seagull movement will fit.

As others have advised, better to sell the one you got and find another one with asymetrical pushers. It's going to cost you some but probably a lot cheaper and lots less frustration in the long run.