When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rockarep and G.S.W

FxrAndy

If this is true, and I can assure you there is a lot of info that suggests it is not, we are more than willing to see your proof.

However any damage that may have been done falls squarely on your shoulders....

He and i work together and he asked me to act like i do not know him due to my punishemnets before.

Do you honestly believe it is ok to mislead the Admin team and members in this manner?

Ken

Question what exactly does G.S.W stand for? Are those your initials?

I’ve stayed quiet long enough! This might ruffle some feathers and if this gets me banned then so be it!

It is always a shame when something like this happens; there is always enough room out here for everyone to sell their watches. However, the tactics he used were unconventional and inappropriate even if you are coworker! The example Andy used was my own sales thread, because of his (GSW) comments I had to go out of my way to prove a point, and raised alarms in the minds of many of my buyers’ minds. On account of this, I had to go out of my way to silence the skeptics and show all my buyers I had not taken them for a ride or swindled them out of their hard earned money. The other thing I must put forth at this point is the fact that he was soliciting members who showed interest in my watches and was telling them I was overcharging and not using gen Panerai parts only ETA while he was using only gen Panerai(questionable). I am sure some of you reading this experienced this very thing. Please read below for a small lesson on OEM parts and the 6497 movement. As for overcharging, this man charged some unsuspecting member almost $800 for a 217 that was nothing more than a noob watch with ETA crown and ratchet wheel and incabloc mod nothing more. He stats he polished the bridges, not possible to make any visible deference unless you polish so much you strip off the platinum plating on the bridge and expose the brass below, this has been tested and proven and posted by me on this very forum. In essence this watch was an Asian movement watch with 3 ETA parts that should not have sold for more than $400 - $500 dollars. Again a beautiful watch just the way the sales thread reads is embellished.

The guy puts together good watches, no one is taking that away from him and being in the watch business, as he is, he is able to acquire a lot of parts that most of us cannot. But, as Wolf stated, he uses a great deal of salesmanship tactics and embellishments on his sales threads. One example is on his $3k 127 grail. If the buyer would post pictures of the watch when he receives it, would be great, this would verify or prove the picture was wrong, please see below. If you scrutinize the picture of this watch the knowledgeable person can see some things that he states on his description just don’t match. The most obvious is the swan neck regulator or dagger regulator, he states it is gen OP, if you look at the picture it looks flat, the gen is not flat it is thick (see picture, now it might just be the angle of the picture, but you be the judge) this alone takes away from all the effort put into this watch. The center wheel looks to be ETA from a 6497-2 movement but the 2 and 3 look to be rep., judging by their shiny reflectivity. He also makes his post very vague as to whether the main plate is Swiss or Asian, a major factor on the price, pretty bridges on an Asian main plate defeats the purpose and the high price. The bridges, swan neck and mm screw are gen. OP, but the rest he states as OP gen. are subject to scrutiny and are ETA OEM.

127_3.jpg

I had the common decency not to point these things out, as another member stated NOT TO ROCK THE BOAT, but now seeing what he has done, I think it time to bring out the dirty laundry and clean it up for the sake of the membership on this forum.

Lastly on OEM, for those who don’t know or understand OEM stands for Original Equipment Manufacturer. To make it clear Panerai did not invent or produce the 6497 movement. It is produced by the worlds largest manufacture of Swiss movements in the world, a company called ETA. This being said Panerai does make their own in hose movements called their manifactura line which includes the P.2002/1(see picture above), that is why the rep factories are having so much trouble reping these movements as opposed to the 6497 that has been in production and common for decades.

There seems to be a serious misconception about OEM, OEM = ETA! ETA makes the movement and all the internal parts that go with it, Panerai makes the bridges and other ornamental parts on the watch, what does this mean, well when he states that his OEM parts are Panerai that is 90% untrue, and using this as a tactic to get more money for his product. Just because it came with a Panerai bubble pack does not make it Panerai. A simple example is your FORD car or truck, it is assembled by FORD but the OEM parts that go into it are made in subcontracted factories in Mexico, now they are not FORD MOTOR CO. but the parts are called OEM because they are made for FORD. So please learn to see beyond the smoke and mirrors, as I said before the watches he makes are beautiful and I have no doubt that he is a good guy, it’s just the way he went about it that has left a bad taste in my mouth.

I am sorry for the long rant, but I did not like what was done to me by him (GSW) or his coworker or whatever! Either way it's still inappropriate at best and smells like a scam at worst! The fact that you are coworkers shouldn't change a thing and might make things even worst, you still were conspiring to crap on threads. And how coincidental you (GSW) went after me without merit and even when you were proven wrong you did not have the common decency to admit it. You know what you did, nough said.....

fyi i have bought from rockarep several times. had nothing but the most flawless transactions

with him and is really a talented watchmaker that is dilligent in answering emails and helping

others out. i have never felt worried in any of our dealings.

BTW if you are co-workers why would you make a post on this thread showing your interest on the 187(see below), when you could have told him from across the room.

More red flags!!

http://www.rwg.cc/to...rolex-explorer/

I purchased that 187g.

And to let everyone know. It was received with several issues. I even made a post about it awhile ago.

I don't want to go into detail here, but I had to have a mod step in to get things resolved.

I always felt things were not right in his sales, but I never wanted to "rock the boat". But seeing these hi $ sales and this new info about g.s.w and rockarep's sales tactics, things need to be addressed.

Not all his sales were perfect. My sales experience was bad and also now this about g.s.w (who by the way seemed to be interested in purchasing the 187 in the post I bought from, but they are co-workers?). Based on my experience and what I've read here, seems gsw and rockarep may/were deceiving people.

-C

@mikolee are you suggesting that because you bought good watches from Rockarep that he and GSW should be allowed to break the boards rules?

This is not about the quality of his watches or parts, there are Admin team members who have had trouble free transactions with him but nobody gets a free ride on our rules.

This board is here for all to enjoy, our rules are to make sure that everyone plays fair.

Ken

@mikolee are you suggesting that because you bought good watches from Rockarep that he and GSW should be allowed to break the boards rules?

This is not about the quality of his watches or parts, there are Admin team members who have had trouble free transactions with him but nobody gets a free ride on our rules.

This board is here for all to enjoy, our rules are to make sure that everyone plays fair.

Ken

HI Ken! long time

aside from the fact that other members , myself included have had hassle free transactions with the guy

mods must determine without reasonable doubt that Rockarep and GSW are the same person. until then

dont ban the guy. i think he is an asset to this community

Even if they are different people they are still co-conspirators in the antics they pull. I myself sold him a case, and he seemed like a stand up guy, but if Jeff cherished his reputation and cared about what was going on, he should have walked up to his co-worker and told him to stop all the crap he was doing. By the looks of it he had ample time and knowledge to do that, yet he opted not to. I also notice that some of your posts are at all hours of the day and night, man those are some long hours you guys put in at the office. The admin team has been very professional even now with all the insults, he (GSW) is still on this forum and is able to sell watches, only difference is he now has to do it with many eyes on him. So don't despair you can still get his mods and his watches but on a level playing field.

It's funny, when I popped my head back into RWG very recently after a couple of year's sabbatical, one of the very first things I noticed was this guy, a member for a few months, selling high value PAM frankens with gen papers and a tone that came across as arrogant and condescending.

What surprised me even more was the seemingly large number of supporters/sycophants that, like pilot fish, accompanied his posts.

And even now, caught bang to rights engaging in somewhat nefarious practices, there are still those championing his work, bemoaning the severity of his punishment and loss of his 'product'.

What people forget is that this place is based upon trust, on integrity, on CHARACTER. All of which go out of the window when a member has two ID's, promotes his own wares, craps on the competition, and is less than frank when questioned. That sort of unethical conduct screams intent, and for that reason alone I'm relieved to see the mods rise to the occasion and take swift action. Me, I'd have banned him (both accounts) on principle alone unless he provided either a very rational explanation or contrite public apology.

As Rolexman rightly said, there is no contribution here, just a commercial enterprise who saw a willing populace eager to bite his hand off at any price.

And the point about past conduct and future problems is extremely important. Let us not forget that more than a few ex-members started down this path, some with genuinely honest intentions it has to be said, went over the wire when opportunity or temptation presented or circumstances dictated. IMO, in this case, with dishonesty from the outset, it would only be a matter of time before serious problems arose.

Well done to those vigilant.

• Like 3

What people forget is that this place is based upon trust, on integrity, on CHARACTER. All of which go out of the window when a member has two ID's, promotes his own wares, craps on the competition, and is less than frank when questioned. That sort of unethical conduct screams intent, and for that reason alone I'm relieved to see the mods rise to the occasion and take swift action. Me, I'd have banned him (both accounts) on principle alone unless he provided either a very rational explanation or contrite public apology.

As Rolexman rightly said, there is no contribution here, just a commercial enterprise who saw a willing populace eager to bite his hand off at any price.

And the point about past conduct and future problems is extremely important. Let us not forget that more than a few ex-members started down this path, some with genuinely honest intentions it has to be said, went over the wire when opportunity or temptation presented or circumstances dictated. IMO, in this case, with dishonesty from the outset, it would only be a matter of time before serious problems arose.

+1 and +1 and +1

I had great transactions with Eurotimez ....

After reading this thread with all of the Admin's background info provided, add me to the list of those wondering why GSW wasn't banned too. If there was enough evidence to ban Rockarep because he is the same person as GSW, then that 'person' violated the rules, not that 'username'. Shouldn't matter if he has 2 or 20 accounts.

It's funny, when I popped my head back into RWG very recently after a couple of year's sabbatical, one of the very first things I noticed was this guy, a member for a few months, selling high value PAM frankens with gen papers and a tone that came across as arrogant and condescending.

What surprised me even more was the seemingly large number of supporters/sycophants that, like pilot fish, accompanied his posts.

And even now, caught bang to rights engaging in somewhat nefarious practices, there are still those championing his work, bemoaning the severity of his punishment and loss of his 'product'.

I believe this is one of the most intelligent and well thought out posts I have ever read on RWG.

Thanks Andy... as always we appreciate your vigilence as we do with all the mods.... and your considered reaction :)

I hope that the member will be made aware that we welcome all to share in this community.... with the key being to 'share' not to 'use' this community...

I hope having been given this opportunity he will reconsider his approach to his interaction on here and hopefully will set aside what has gone before, apologise and get himself involved in a more productive and positive way...

@W0lf... ;) ;) (Pyschic or what ?)

I purchased that 187g.

And to let everyone know. It was received with several issues. I even made a post about it awhile ago.

I don't want to go into detail here, but I had to have a mod step in to get things resolved.

I always felt things were not right in his sales, but I never wanted to "rock the boat". But seeing these hi $ sales and this new info about g.s.w and rockarep's sales tactics, things need to be addressed.

Not all his sales were perfect. My sales experience was bad and also now this about g.s.w (who by the way seemed to be interested in purchasing the 187 in the post I bought from, but they are co-workers?). Based on my experience and what I've read here, seems gsw and rockarep may/were deceiving people.

-C

If you had a bad experience with him why didn't you give him a negative transaction feedback? He received 19 positive transactions on this forum and 0 negative.

I would love to hear from others who received the OEM parts from him to confirm if they are actually OEM or modified ETA.

Edited by RRknight

Can anyone who bought a watch from him verify the claimed OEM parts as authentic or not?

Beyond the obvious like a dial or a movement bridge, where you can easily see the differences between rep and OEM, I really don't know how anyone is able to verify that a "screw" or a "wheel" or other movement part is OEM.

Unless the parts are supplied in factory sealed packages, or you have factory drawings that clearly identify the parts as OEM, how do you prove anything is OEM?

I have received one of his latest sales yesterday, a v3 diver with swiss selita mvmt. He claimed the head was scratched, but i received it in excellent condition, one barely noticeable mark on the bezel. My experience with him was flawless.

I was indeed worried he might get pi$$ed due to the ban and screw the rurrent unfinished deals. I emailed him to confirm the shipment, but no reply.

As far as having two names on a forum, i was accuse of the same thing on RG when my IP matched a few other users, i later on found out it does happen, IP address is not one unique sequence of numbers assigned to solely one user. There can be 100 users with same IPs.

However things do look fishy here, and im not taking sides. If hes a man of his word he may pop up on RG or rwgboard and continue his business. But would certainly love to see what his Coworker has to say about all this, why is he staying low?

In any case, better a wrongful ban than someone scammed on a $1000 watch.

Amen to that.

Serge.

Edited by Murchyk

Beyond the obvious like a dial or a movement bridge, where you can easily see the differences between rep and OEM, I really don't know how anyone is able to verify that a "screw" or a "wheel" or other movement part is OEM.

Unless the parts are supplied in factory sealed packages, or you have factory drawings that clearly identify the parts as OEM, how do you prove anything is OEM?

"The genuine model have the screws in blue color but only thanks to a special heating process, but the fake watch producers, however, use paint which is quite easy to identify."

The paint will chip easily on the fake.

http://www.watch-clone.co/news/paneraifg.html

I have received one of his latest sales yesterday, a v3 diver with swiss selita mvmt. He claimed the head was scratched, but i received it in excellent condition, one barely noticeable mark on the bezel. My experience with him was flawless.

I was indeed worried he might get pi$$ed due to the ban and screw the rurrent unfinished deals. I emailed him to confirm the shipment, but no reply.

As far as having two names on a forum, i was accuse of the same thing on RG when my IP matched a few other users, i later on found out it does happen, IP address is not one unique sequence of numbers assigned to solely one user. There can be 100 users with same IPs.

However things do look fishy here, and im not taking sides. If hes a man of his word he may pop up on RG or rwgboard and continue his business. But would certainly love to see what his Coworker has to say about all this, why is he staying low?

In any case, better a wrongful ban than someone scammed on a $1000 watch.

Amen to that.

Serge.

Glad you received your AP Diver Serge. I bought the other Diver w/strap+buckle and had the same sentiments after reading the ban shortly after I paid via pp. However, he did contact me first and asked for my mailing address since he couldn't get back into his RWG account to check his PM's. He assured me everything is still kosher despite his ban, in which i received an electronic tracking # via USPS shortly after. The watch is still in transit, but i will say our transaction has been good so far.