When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

TC 93250 V3 Review

tc670207

Hello everyone. I just got my TC V3 yesterday, to replace the V2 on my TC Sub, and a few things jumped out at me right away. First, as mentioned elsewhere, the coronet on the clasp is a bit different, not sure if it is more "gen" like or not, as there seems to be some variation (as usual) among the pictures of gen clasps that I am able to find on the web. The stamping definitely seems a bit shallow on the bottom of the coronet. Also, the 2 lines engraved on the flip-lock are different, more narrow and less deep than the V2. Finally, the curled-up "lip" (for lack of a better word) on the clasp on the flip-lock end is slightly different, it seems higher.

I'm not sure what to make of these differences. Any thoughts, anyone? As I said above, I've been searching the Internet for pictures of gen clasps and can't decide whether these differences matter one way or the other. There seems to so much variation, even some of the gen coronets appear more shallow towards the bottom. I'm toying with the idea of trying to use the outer part of the clasp (with the coronet stamping) and the flip-lock from the V2 on the V3, but haven't decided.

As others have noted, aside from the above the overall quality of the V3 is definitely a step up from the V2. The 2mm spring bars wouldn't seat properly, but the problem was solved by using the 1.8mm. The SEL fit is excellent.

oo1

@ Daniel: yes it's stock, as far as I know... aside of gluing something in there..we are stuck with stock.

@ Ephry: TC's Seadweller dial needs about a .5mm trimmed off it to fit, several have done it with great results. I have the dial and hands..waiting to get it installed.

Discussion on this mod over at RWI.

Let me rephrase, the gen springbar that I sourced separately from the TC bracelet (I purchased a gen diver extension with plans to build a nice "franken" SSD almost ten months ago) and upon receiving my bracelet and 16610 dial and hands(separate project) I decided to mount it all up. I will post pictures and such on a separate thread.

The clasp just needs to be drilled/opened up for the nipple to pop through. So if using a gen springbar for a seadweller clasp, make sure to do this for a better fit and easier installation(was a female dog to installed without this)

E

Ahh I get it.

I just bought a gen SD extension with the black screw to try. I won't have it for a couple weeks though,

Theres a thread on RWI, rsh showed a pic of the TC SD dial he mounted on a drill and spun to remove a tiny bit off the outer dial.

Look forward to seeing your pics !

Just got 3 more bracelets and sorry to say one fell apart almost instantly in two places (each end of the folding part of the clasp).

Have now fixed (hopefully) by pressing the pins back into the tubes after a good licking of heavy duty thread locker.

Just something to check when you get yours as I could have lost the watch.

Other than that, another fab purchase from TC.

Where can I get similar quality but with a case with holes in? anybody know?

• 2 months later...