When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Clark's new 16610 bezel

w.genzo

I received my Clark's bezel yesterday and put it on my TC case. I didn't have a crystal in the case, so the bezel wasn't tight to the case. I have a gen 16610 bezel on another TC sub and the Clark's is spot on to the gen. I installed a gen insert in the Clark's and it went in without a problem. This is a very good upgrade to the stock TC bezel.

That's exciting news.

Gen assembly for the 16800 build...Clark upgrade on the TC :)

I emailed him a couple days ago but haven't heard back yet.

Meanwhile I got my TC sub, I installed a gen insert this morning, it snapped right in.

Unless you guys tell me the TC looks bad and the Clark looks or operates better ill probably stay like I am.

My worry was the insert in the TC bezel.

I emailed him a couple days ago but haven't heard back yet.

Meanwhile I got my TC sub, I installed a gen insert this morning, it snapped right in.

Unless you guys tell me the TC looks bad and the Clark looks or operates better ill probably stay like I am.

My worry was the insert in the TC bezel.

My TC Sub is been in process, I hope when I get it the insert snaps in like yours.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I got an email from Gary today. He said he will be listing more if these bezel sets later tonight or tomorrow.

Even though my insert fit, I'm still thinking about adding this bezel if it is more accurate.

I got an email from Gary today. He said he will be listing more if these bezel sets later tonight or tomorrow.

Even though my insert fit, I'm still thinking about adding this bezel if it is more accurate.

Just ordered one, still 4 for sale @ $42.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bezel-S-S-crystal-retainer-and-click-spring-16610-16800-Sub-Rolex-/230826843342?hash=item35be5a1cce#ht_1098wt_922

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Hi Joey, thanks for the reply..but I'm still confused. You are using the Clark submariner bezel for the sapphire Explorer/Gmt conversion?

Maybe I'm confused! The case that bklm1234 has in his thread looks as though would work well with this bezel assemble for a gen-like 16710. Am I wrong?

Do you know where the "SL'd 40mm Exp" is from?

Maybe I'm confused! The case that bklm1234 has in his thread looks as though would work well with this bezel assemble for a gen-like 16710. Am I wrong?

Do you know where the "SL'd 40mm Exp" is from?

No I don't know, are you saying use this clark sub bezel set for a GMT build using that explorer case?

I just bought the sub bezel set and might use it for y TC sub

No I don't know, are you saying use this clark sub bezel set for a GMT build using that explorer case?

I just bought the sub bezel set and might use it for y TC sub

Yes. I asked earlier and was answered, and confirmed with Clark's that the bezel for the 16610 and 16710 are the same, the click spring is different. So, I figure if I can get that case I can improve my 16710.

Yep, but it may be another month or so yet. The ones he has are diamond cut, flat. He is getting the gen looking curved hands made both for Rolex and for Tudor that fits our Asian ETA movements.

hope he does it right this time, his current ones are so close, the only ones ive seen with the correct hour hand size, his second hand is almost perfect. minute hand -not so much

I just got mine and installed on my Euromariner cased LV. Quality is pretty good, the crystal retaining ring is much better quality than the stock Euromariner one.

The problem is the actual click and fit. It doesn't click like a gen in fact its almost silent. Also its a little sloppy. I tried beding the click spring so it would engage the teeth more but didn't make much difference.

I don't have a gen insert but my aftermarket fits well but still needed to be cemented in.

So conclusion is it looks good and quality is up there but action is poor. But for the money you can't really complain...

Here the pics:

IMG_5234.jpg

IMG_5238.jpg

IMG_5240.jpg

IMG_5250.jpg

IMG_5243.jpg

IMG_5247.jpg

Cheers

P.

Hmmmm....well to be fair a euromariner may not be the exact same as a TC?

True, but just wanted to show overall quality.

If TC are supposed to be gen spec then using both the Clark crystal retaing ring and bezel shouldn't be a problem.

Maybe using the TC retaining ring and Clark bezel is where the problem lies in the fit.

Cheers

P.