When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

MBW 5513 bezel upgrade options

wiesn089

Could some experts please let me know their opinion on the 5513 MBW bezel assembly? Are there any better affordable aftermarket solutions or is the only noticeable upgrade a gen assembly?

I'm (still :() gathering the last remaining parts for my milsub build, I am currently looking a CWP's insert and awaiting pics of his current offering. Any experience with his complete assembly or should I just stick with the insert only?

Any better milsub inserts you are aware of?

Thanks

Oh btw.: Any good Fat Font inserts as well? I really don't want to throw hundreds of Euros out the window for one.

Interesting,

I thought the MBW bezel was pretty good. Pretty sure if you swap in a gen you will need to use a gen retaining ring.

I had a Phong bezel but couldn't tell much difference between it and the MBW.

the mbw bezel assembly is pretty good, probably as good as it will get with out going gen. i have noticed there is a bit of manufacturing tolerance between certain runs and sometimes you will need epoxy to securely fit the insert in the mbw bezel ring, their retaining rings are also pretty tight, more so than gen IMO.

MBW cases (excluding engraved casebacks, which are usually fairly easy for a knowledgeable Rolex collector to spot as non-gen) are very good. In the case of bezels, I think you would need to upgrade to a gen if you want something appreciably better. And, even then, most could not tell the difference. If you want the most bang for your buck, replace the MBW insert with a gen, which is costly. I am pretty sure you will need to mod the MBW bezel (&/or cement the insert in) to make it fit

Dunno if this is relevant, but some of the latest batch of Narikaa sourced MBW 5513's (including my own) came with the taller DRSD bezels fitted.

Gary Clark managed to source me a very nice complete 5513 style bezel assembley, including retaining ring for $54. The machining on this one is very sharp, unlike the old Clarks bezel.

If I can figure out to post pics on my iphone, I will do so...

Edited by freshtripe

Hi guys maybe you guys can help out a newcomer Ive been searching on here and RWI for where to find a dealer that sells MBWs and while I found what it stands for Maria´s Best Watches and that 2 dealers are Luckyyy and Watchmaster I cant seem to find a website for these dealers, are MBWs still made ? or are the ones for sale are just left over from when they when they were or sold 2nd hand ? also wondering how these cases and parts compare to the other more expensive vintage dealers like Minh CWP NDT and Phong if you guys can directme towards a dealer where I can see what MBW are available for purchase I would really appretiate it I always try to find info for myself befor bothering the community but in this case i cant seem to find the info .

Thanks Guys =)

Hi guys maybe you guys can help out a newcomer Ive been searching on here and RWI for where to find a dealer that sells MBWs and while I found what it stands for Maria´s Best Watches and that 2 dealers are Luckyyy and Watchmaster I cant seem to find a website for these dealers, are MBWs still made ? or are the ones for sale are just left over from when they when they were or sold 2nd hand ? also wondering how these cases and parts compare to the other more expensive vintage dealers like Minh CWP NDT and Phong if you guys can directme towards a dealer where I can see what MBW are available for purchase I would really appretiate it I always try to find info for myself befor bothering the community but in this case i cant seem to find the info .

Thanks Guys =)

which watch are you looking for?

Thanks Guys =)

Narikaa is probably your best best for sourcing an MBW - not sure that he's a trusted dealer on here anymore, but still a stand up bloke!

which watch are you looking for?

Not looking for any particular watch just a new guy whos really gottnen into this great hobby and tring to learn all I can =) Only thing Im inthe market for is a high end 6538 build that im planning as my 1st project