When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex 6263

Guest yonatan.ezo

Guest yonatan.ezo

Good morning,

i am new on this website

i just build a rolex 6362 with phong case, original dial, original 78350 bracelet,

i bought a movement from NTD with all the correct marks

i took it to a good watchmaker to put all parts together, charge me 100 $

i received it 2 days ago, with the pushers not working properly, he said that the movement is not in good condition :( i paid for it 2200 dollars

do you know someone here that can help me with that, i dont know what wrong with movement, and i really want someone to fix it, as i already more that 6000$ in...

please help :)

A valjoux 72 or 727 movement is very complex. It will need a very good watchmaker to work on it. Also the movement has not been made for quite a while. I wonder when your movement was last serviced. Servicing is not cheap and will probably run you $275+ dollars.

Guest yonatan.ezo

i bought it for 3000 dollars from NDT, all the correct engraving...

i will try for service it... hope it will work

really sad :( as i spend so much

thank you for your help

do u know someone i can send my watch to to fix it?

A v72 costs 1000-1200$ yes but the extra dough is to convert it into a v727 just like Rolex did back in the day. Most people don't opt for spending the extra and are happy with a v72 I and obviously this guy were not. To each there own. I don't have any money to lose just to play with ;)

While the movement looks quite similar, there still remain some differences, though. Also the correct base caliber is a V726, not V72, the beat rate is different.

Nevertheless it really does look convincing, enjoy your watch.

Oh ok didn't know that, I read somewhere that Rolex took v72's and added components that upped the beat rate. I never heard of them using a 726 as a base but of course you could be right, either way it made the already tough movement tougher, and with regular service will last me my entire life.

While the movement looks quite similar, there still remain some differences, though. Also the correct base caliber is a V726, not V72, the beat rate is different.

Nevertheless it really does look convincing, enjoy your watch.

the base Rolex movement is and has always been the valjoux 72, from this movement Rolex Daytona came with V72, V72B, V722 and V727.

My understanding is that the V726 is a slightly improved V72 with higher beat rate of 21600 vs 18000. V722 is the rolex version of a V72 with Breguet overcoil and Microstella adjustment on the balance added. It was used in the non screw down versions if I remember correctly, earlier versions had a V72B. I believe 6240s were also equipped with V722s, I don't know if some of them used V727s as well (or 72B even in very early versions). V727 is simply a V726 with the same improvements as caliber V722 and has been used in the Oyster versions with screw-down pushers as well as in the later pump pusher models (around 1970 onwards - pump pushers were phased out pretty early in the 70s I think). As the beat rate on the Rolex Versions V722 and V727 differs the same as V72 vs. V726 I think it is right to assume that in fact these are the individual base calibers for V722 and V726 accordingly. I have yet to a see a V72 or V726 converted to V722 or V727 respectively with Microstella adjustment, so while the engravings look good for me that's a tell.

Generally I would advice to stick to V72s for pump pusher models, as calibers with this beat rate were most commonly used in these models, and V726s for screw-down Oyster models because almost all of them had V727s installed. Also building a correct 6240 would involve modifiying an aftermarket case quite a bit as the dimensions are slightly different (6240 being smaller), but that's another story.

Yonatan, I'm 90% sure everything is ok but like Freddy told me you have to get the movement serviced right away. It will cost you approximately 300$. The movements seem to come dry and probably dirty. Any respectable watchsmith who has experience with older movements can disassemble your v727 clean it, oil it and put it back together. Don't bring it to a Rolex associated shop. The parts are all there it shouldn't be a problem and even if there are small problems inside a competent watchsmith can always bang out a new part, literally.